OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
@Rebels57 you could not be more right about that video you posted. The visuals explain themselves, but I am sure I have never mentioned on here how much I love Juliana Hatfield, and she has that same voice/vibe, with a dash of Liz Phair. Awesome find.

I happened upon her last fall with this and legit thought of you when I did:

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I happened upon her last fall with this and legit thought of you when I did:

I listened to a bunch of her videos last night - she's really right up my alley and pisses all over Billie Eilish. In the interests of full disclosure, I have heard exactly two Billie Eilish songs, but I am already prepared to go full "Liz Phair >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F***ing Alanis" on this one.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
My nephew just started dabbling in anime because all his friends watch it. I immediately gave him my Cowboy Bebop blu ray set and said "It's probably all down hill from this." A few weeks later they put all the music from it on Spotify so it's perfect timing. This song is so beautiful and the end theme for the entire series. It gave me goosebumps to hear it again and I have to keep listening to it now.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My nephew just started dabbling in anime because all his friends watch it. I immediately gave him my Cowboy Bebop blu ray set and said "It's probably all down hill from this." A few weeks later they put all the music from it on Spotify so it's perfect timing. This song is so beautiful and the end theme for the entire series. It gave me goosebumps to hear it again and I have to keep listening to it now.

Listen to me now and trust me on this - tell him to start "One PIece" now. Tell him to give it 30 episodes before he makes a decision on it. Trust me.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've watched some of it and it's goofy fun but I don't think I can put it up with Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. I mentioned it to him already at least.

It is way, way, way beyond those. You just have to get far enough along - it's so much more than just the goofy fun. It is seriously impactful emotionally, over and over and over again.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Started watching Person of Interest. Could do worse for a guilty pleasure procedural. The soundtrack has been educational.

Learned about Galt MacDermot, who's well-sampled in the hip hop sphere.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
And, to flip it all on it's head and pull a complete 180, I've gotten into this song/album lately. For the last two weeks it has been my warm up song on drums.

I'm a big Crowes fan, but, to me, their pinnacle was Southern Harmony and Amorica. I've liked much of what they did since then, but it's been sporadic. Reading Steve Gorman's book (the drummer), it's amazing they stayed together as long as they did with how effed up the Robinson brothers were.

This one has a nice southern groove to it...

Reactions: Beef Invictus

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I'll probably get banned for this but.... Kings Island amusement park has put their in park music up on Spotify. It reminded me of my last trip out there hearing this and wanting to just laugh...

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad