Yes, that video is f***ed up. Lol

IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Im probably going to get wrecked for this, but thats ok. I can't seem to turn off the 'The Greatest Showman: Reimagined' record. Generally not my type of thing ( for reference, i flew over to Tampa 2 weeks ago to see the Anberlin reunion show), but man... this album is just... good.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im probably going to get wrecked for this, but thats ok. I can't seem to turn off the 'The Greatest Showman: Reimagined' record. Generally not my type of thing ( for reference, i flew over to Tampa 2 weeks ago to see the Anberlin reunion show), but man... this album is just... good.
giphy-1.gif

Reactions: Starat327

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

When I was a kid I somehow thought they were British...

but one of my favourite American lyricists in recent history. The range of insightful emotional and social commentary and enormous sarcastic cynicism across their works appeals to me!

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Had the revelation this week how insanely good the songs Gigantic and Velouria are...

I have always loved the Pixies, and Doolittle has been one of my favourite albums since I was about 6 years old (yeh, sounds silly, but you dont know my parents!)... but outside of Doolittle really only "loved" the songs Alec Eiffel, Caribou and Where is my mind?

But after maybe listening to Gigantic and Velouria like hundreds of times over the last 20 years I was always just like "ok song". But have listened to both on repeat for days now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Had the revelation this week how insanely good the songs Gigantic and Velouria are...

I have always loved the Pixies, and Doolittle has been one of my favourite albums since I was about 6 years old (yeh, sounds silly, but you dont know my parents!)... but outside of Doolittle really only "loved" the songs Alec Eiffel, Caribou and Where is my mind?

But after maybe listening to Gigantic and Velouria like hundreds of times over the last 20 years I was always just like "ok song". But have listened to both on repeat for days now.

I saw the Pixes open for Robert Plant and his band the Sensational Spaceshifters back in 2015. Amazing show.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
One of my favourite songs ever.

Same here - it has always been very difficult for me to pick even a TOP X of songs by David Bowie because I love practically everything he ever did - but Heroes is the song that will aways be the epitome of his genius to me. This live performance and its energy is marvelous

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Same here - it has always been very difficult for me to pick even a TOP X of songs by David Bowie because I love practically everything he ever did - but Heroes is the song that will aways be the epitome of his genius to me. This live performance and its energy is marvelous

A good friend of mine actually had a slight revelation in terms of life itself when we were talking one evening, it came on in the background, and we discussed the lyrics for like 30 minutes.

And how people are at times to absorbed in the past, the future etc, and place such great emphasis on spans of time (like when someone asks about a relationship, or a job etc, often people reply with how long they have been in it/doing it, and see that to some degree as a measure of happiness, success etc! Which is crazy in some ways)... when just because something does not last for so long - or cannot last for so long - does not mean it was not amazing, special, better than a myriad of things that lasted a lot longer.

He is currently backpacking around South East Asia after leaving a very cushy job... :laugh::nod: and seemingly happier than ever.

Reactions: Amorgus and kudymen

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

My dude. Immediately go put on Surfer Rosa. That record is quite literally one of the greatest records of all time. The sequence of songs from Bone Machine through Where Is My Mind? is just near perfect, with the only blemish being that it has the inferior version of Gigantic.

Don't sleep on Come On Pilgrim either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA