Wasting Money

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Yo Ed,

I was at the Canes home game against the Islanders just the other day. I didn't notice this till my friend this out to me. There aren't any advertisements in the building. This is really strange. For a team that is struggling financially this is really weird. Although, I have seen the food and drinks are ridiculously priced plus you can't bring food or drink into the stadium. go figure. The food isn't that great any way. I was thinking whatever happened to the endorsements that some of the companies were giving out. I am just pissed off that the previous management didn't do their job correctly otherwise they might have recoup some money back.

Here are some of the endorsements they could be up for:

1. 75% Attendance
Potential Profit - $1,000,000
Currently: 72%

If management had lowered their price at the door. They would have been more people coming in and better atmosphere. Seriously for a team that is doing well, 72% is just not good enough.

2. Team must either finish first in their division or have 55 wins
Potential Profit- $2,000,000
Currently: Div champs

3. Team must make the playoffs and have home ice advantage in 1st round
Potential Profit - $2,000,000
Currently: Holding a top 4 spot

4. Team must finish the regular season with a .500 or better home record.
Potential Profit - $1,500,000
Currently: 27-10-3 (league best)

5. Team must finish the regular season with a power play percentage of 16% or one of top 5 power play units.
Currently: 18.7% (2nd best)

6. Team must have a winning record against their conference.
Currently: 30-17-3

7. Team must have a FORWARD who scores 40 or more goals in the regular season.
Currently - Alexander Ovechkin(40)

8.Team must have a player 25 or younger who scores 25 or more goals in the regular season.
Currently: Alexander Oveckin(40)

9. Team must have a player 25 or younger who has 35 or more assists in the regular season.
Currently: Alexander Ovechkin(50), Stephen Weiss (31), Alexander Radulov(31), Dion Phaneuf(32)

10.Team must have a player who scores 10 or more power play goals in the regular season.
Currently: Alexander Ovechkin(10)

As you can see, there was a lot of money to be made. However, none of it is going to the Canes coffers. I know hindsight is a beautiful thing but there should be more forward planning in the Canes management. Although, you can have all the endorsements that I have stated but sticking to the endorsement criteria, I would have chosen the following:

1. Winning the SE div
The SE is weak and everyone knows that. There is always two teams fighting it out or a runaway team. Atlanta and Washington had their time in the sun, now it was the turn of Panthers and the Canes. Canes were reigning div champs and weren't going to give up the title too easily. Meanwhile the lightning would always be a wildcard.

2. Alexander Ovechkin Endorsements
With this guy on the team who wouldn't put in the Player endorsements. The easiest ones would be the 25 and under catergories which he totally and will continue to obliterate until he can not qualify any more.

In this situation, the potential profit gone begging for the Canes is approximately $5,000,000.

Bored Fan

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Yo Ed,

I was at the Canes home game against the Islanders just the other day. I didn't notice this till my friend this out to me. There aren't any advertisements in the building. This is really strange. For a team that is struggling financially this is really weird. Although, I have seen the food and drinks are ridiculously priced plus you can't bring food or drink into the stadium. go figure. The food isn't that great any way. I was thinking whatever happened to the endorsements that some of the companies were giving out. I am just pissed off that the previous management didn't do their job correctly otherwise they might have recoup some money back.

1. 75% Attendance

If management had lowered their price at the door. They would have been more people coming in and better atmosphere. Seriously for a team that is doing well, 72% is just not good enough.

5. Team must finish the regular season with a power play percentage of 16% or one of top 5 power play units.

8.Team must have a player 25 or younger who scores 25 or more goals in the regular season.

9. Team must have a player 25 or younger who has 35 or more assists in the regular season.
Currently: Alexander Ovechkin(50), Stephen Weiss (31), Alexander Radulov(31), Dion Phaneuf(32)

10.Team must have a player who scores 10 or more power play goals in the regular season.

As you can see, there was a lot of money to be made. However, none of it is going to the Canes coffers. I know hindsight is a beautiful thing but there should be more forward planning in the Canes management. Although, you can have all the endorsements that I have stated but sticking to the endorsement criteria, I would have chosen the following:

1. Winning the SE div
The SE is weak and everyone knows that. There is always two teams fighting it out or a runaway team. Atlanta and Washington had their time in the sun, now it was the turn of Panthers and the Canes. Canes were reigning div champs and weren't going to give up the title too easily. Meanwhile the lightning would always be a wildcard.

With this guy on the team who wouldn't put in the Player endorsements. The easiest ones would be the 25 and under catergories which he totally and will continue to obliterate until he can not qualify any more.

In this situation, the potential profit gone begging for the Canes is approximately $5,000,000.

Bored Fan

This tells me that the Canes had no confidence in their team at the begining of the season and did this well due to some real good trades.:thumbu:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
This tells me that the Canes had no confidence in their team at the begining of the season and did this well due to some real good trades.:thumbu:

Hasnain... you DO know you can respond just by licking the little box that says "Reply", don't you? You don't always need to quote the whole post... Just sayin'.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Who wants to see Hasnain licking a little box? say "I"

Originally Posted by Armchair_Critic View Post
Yo Ed,

1. 75% Attendance

1. Winning the SE div

Bored Fan

i

i

i

i

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad