GDT: Washinton Capitaurus @ Calgary Flamatadors - 2:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
No shame in losing to the Cup champs in a shootout two days after a drubbing. We're still at .500, sky is not falling.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's not 9-1 and we got a point against the defending champs. I don't feel too upset about it.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
tenor.gif

At least we got a point.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We didn't test Copley nearly as much as we should've. This should've been two points.

The Leafs will blow the doors off on us next game if give up this many odd-man rushes next game.

I haven't blamed Smith for a loss this season but he looks like a broken man. Nervous body language all game

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Smith wasn't impressive. We got lucky in the last minute, still not gonna give him much credit. Least he wasn't in the 850 range this time.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Brodie had a great game to hopefully silence people, Mike Smith stopped what he could, and the Flames overall looked like an NHL team that can hang with the big dogs. I look forward to the next game.
Ah like Francis many don't care what Brodie does... It is all about them perceiving themselves to be right. That first goal and despite the obviousness of Gio's and Chucky's errors there were still those insisting it was Brodies fault.

The team as a whole played a good game. Calgary was dominant and without 2 tiny errors the Flames would have coasted to the win. Big turn around from Thursday.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
This team lacks a great leader, lacks a goalie, lacks PP and PK coaches. The rest is great (minus him). A great point but those PPs stink.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
We should've beat a kid in his first game in the NHL after last game. Still had a decent game though. Rittich needs to be the guy from here on out.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Ah like Francis many don't care what Brodie does... It is all about them perceiving themselves to be right. That first goal and despite the obviousness of Gio's and Chucky's errors there were still those insisting it was Brodies fault.

The team as a whole played a good game. Calgary was dominant and without 2 tiny errors the Flames would have coasted to the win. Big turn around from Thursday.
I’m sure it was Brodie’s fault on the 3rd goal as well when he was on the bench. If he was on the ice, wouldn’t have been a goal, ergo it’s his fault #FrancisLogic

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
We should've beat a kid in his first game in the NHL after last game. Still had a decent game though. Rittich needs to be the guy from here on out.
Said it like 3 games ago. But I am a negative guy cause I have an opinion.

Reactions: Deen

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not even mad. Just nice to see they didn't fold after getting down. Liked the lines and pairings for the most part today. Bennett I didn't think have the greatest game, but neither did Johnny or Monahan. Couple mistakes and some questionable reffing cost the Flames.

One thing I wish I'd see more from this team is just simplifying their game, there's no need to look for the perfect play every time. 2-3 passes and get it hard on net and then follow up, too often good possession was wasted in the Caps zone today by trying to feather a backhand or something through 2 sticks and coming away with no shot on goal. I like a high danger scoring chance as much as the next guy but just not realistic looking for it every time.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Also Hanifin needs to work on his shot, there was a ton of space on Copley's upper left when he was down on his knees and he hit it right against his pads. Not sure if it was in the second or last period. Don't be afraid to pick a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad