Washington wins the lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Poor Pitsburgh, I was pulling for them.....I truly was. Its not like they could pay Ovechkin anyways.

popperbolt*

sorry,double post..

Last edited by a moderator:

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Enoch said:
Poor Pitsburgh, I was pulling for them.....I truly was. Its not like they could pay Ovechkin anyways.
Yes, they could -

*sigh*

You know what? forget it. I'm tired of this.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
They just decided to dump all these big name players and then they win the holy grail of lotteries.

Can you get any luckier?

So the Gods of hockey have decided to give the next supposed superstar to a guy who punched a fan and who has awfully managed a franchise so far...
Are the hockey Gods predicting Lockout?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Woohoo!

Ovechkin, Ouellet, Semin, Fehr, Eminger, Morrisonn, Aulin, Stana, Klepis, Sutherby, Johansson, Fleischmann, Gordon, Laich, Cutta, Daigneault, Yonkman...

Nice core! McPhee is getting panned these days, but his accumulation of talent and picks this year is going to garner some serious kudos in a few years.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
They just decided to dump all these big name players and then they win the holy grail of lotteries.

Can you get any luckier?
Yeah.

But hey, lets just grab Malkin and be happy. We're still going to get one hell of a player. The good news is there's not only a clear cut No. 1, but a clear cut No. 2.

We'll live.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004

Can you get any luckier?

So the Gods of hockey have decided to give the next supposed superstar to a guy who punched a fan and who has awfully managed a franchise so far...
Are the hockey Gods predicting Lockout?
I feel sorry for you Pens fans. Not much luck left.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Don't feel sorry for us. We're getting Malkin.

It would have been nice to have Ovechkin, and its a bit of a kick in the teeth that he's on his way to Washington, but there's no point dwelling on it. We got Fleury last year, Malkin this year (in all probability) and if next season is locked out, a 48.2% chance at Sidney Crosby if things turn out that way.

Whether or not we got Ovechkin was not going to make or break the franchise.

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
st_roland said:
1-WSH
2-PIT
3-CHI
4-COL
5-whoever

Everyone just gets moved down one slot.

Heres Linky for everyone:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/699.0.php

Wow, I feel like I just won the real lottery.

NUMBER 4 is COLUMBUS or CBJ. Just to clarify, as COL means Colorado, I was thinking, "who the hell gave colorado a top pick?" and "colorado held onto a first round pick long enough to use it?" Just clarifying.

st_roland

Grave77digger said:
new CBA? how about a new lottery system... the current system rewards teams who tank to get into the bottom 5...disgusting

You're joking right? Washington was already close to, if not in the bottom 5 before we traded away our stars. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad