The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Washington Capitals are prepared to move the following players:

Martin St. Louis
Vaclav Prospal
Ed Jovanovski

The asking price will be determined by the market, but my MAIN goal for these players is to:

1. Get a roster ready replacement at their position that is younger with a higher potential upside.

2. Depending on the quality of the player coming back that fits criteria 1, a prospect or pick that will make up the difference.

3. I am aware that these players, in particular St. Louis, have exorbitant salaries, but they still do have positive value! If you aren't interested in parting with a good piece, I have no problem keeping them.

If you have expressed interest in these players previously and I have lost track of our conversation, please feel free to resend or update your offer! I sometimes allow offers to slip through the cracks as things get busy and it's not intentional.

Thanks!
Josh

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Bumpitty. As GMs start checking in, thought this one could stand being closer to the top as the season approaches.

(What can I say - still have a soft spot for my old team!)

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
... or are you feeling guilty about robbing Josh when you traded St. Louis to him for half his farm team :sarcasm:

LOL!

Nonetheless, thank you for the bump. A trade between consenting GM's is what it's all about. At the time, my team was playing over their heads and I wanted to parlay that into a playoff spot and low and behold, when I actually picked up some veteran talent the whole operation hit the tank.

Ahh, the joy that is FHL.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Did we ever get the ruling on the trade of Martin St. Louis to Toronto in the Linus Omark deal? I would really like to get a verdict on that one. The guy is tearing it up in the KHL right now.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Did we ever get the ruling on the trade of Martin St. Louis to Toronto in the Linus Omark deal? I would really like to get a verdict on that one. The guy is tearing it up in the KHL right now.

thanks for the heads up, josh. that deal was kinda left in the basement when claudio left. sean and/or me will take a look at it asap.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

Hey Josh, this predates Tony and I arriving at the DoPP office, and I am not certain what the verdict, if any, is. I will find out and get back to you ASAP. Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize this was still not tied off one way or another.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Hey Josh, this predates Tony and I arriving at the DoPP office, and I am not certain what the verdict, if any, is. I will find out and get back to you ASAP. Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize this was still not tied off one way or another.

No worries, guys. I know you guys are really working hard to get the new sim in order and everything. It was just a loose end that needed tied up.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Well, it's all relative my Finnish friend!

For a young player like Omark, 11 points in 18 games with 8 of them being goals in the KHL playing behind guys like Weinhandl and Hudler on the powerplay is really impressive.

And we all know what a player Weinhandl was in the NHL... ;)

All kidding aside, it should be resolved soon, Josh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad