Confirmed with Link: Washington signs Dylan Strome (1 year, $3.5M)

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Awesome! The Stromes get an unfair amount of hate around here. He’s a fine player, we got quite a lot of bodies now

Agent37

Jul 13, 2022
I hope they get him a good skating coach, and a really good offseason strength program so he can skate faster (if his wheels are what people say, without me watching videos of him skating in games).

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Feels like a destination contract + rehab contract - sign with a team that could win the Cup - could, not would or even would be likely to - that coincides with a chance to get his numbers up with guys like Osh, Down Town Connor Brown (whom I will be referring to as "Wubba" from now on. Kids, ask your parents,) and Martha at ES.

Reactions: Calicaps and max21

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Dumpster dive.

Mantha Strome could be very frustrating to watch.
He played well with Kane who is arguably the worst defensive forward in the NHL. DeBrincat is better defensively, but I would argue all of his potential linemates in Mantha/Oshie/Wilson/Sheary/Brown are better defensively and in one on one battles. I think he’ll be just fine.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
He was a #3 pick? And now on his 3rd team. Whats going on?? Ill see what I can dig up on him

The same draft Sammy was picked #22. Seems like a good trade imo

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
He was a #3 pick? And now on his 3rd team. Whats going on?? Ill see what I can dig up on him

The same draft Sammy was picked #22. Seems like a good trade imo
Oh nice now I can pretend we just got insane value in the 2015 draft and picked Strome instead of Samsonov!

Seriously, he’s still a very young player and produced with good players against quality competition. He can be a little more insulated here so he should do well. I like the upside here. I mean we just saw Michael Bunting at 26 figure it out. Id say there’s still room to improve for Strome and if he doesn’t still a very serviceable guy for the top 6

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This is about what EW predicted he’d get had Chicago not walked away, if you like the deal that reflects poorly on them walking away, while unless you love Sammie’s deal Caps look smart for walking away

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Low-risk high reward deal. He doesn't have to face the toughest competition and will have some motivation to play as 'hawks and 'yotes were both brutal teams.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Dumpster dive.

Mantha Strome could be very frustrating to watch.
Not really sure how a 0.62ppg guy over the last few seasons (0.70 last season) is a dumpster dive. A guy like that on a one year deal with nothing given up is a smart move. Either CMM takes a step forward and we have our #2C or he's really good.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think Strome will be interesting to watch because it'll be a fun comparison between the eye test (Chicago fans ragging on his poor skating and defensive laziness and inability to put up points unless paired with top-end wingers) vs the analytics that sing relative praises in a variety of categories. (I felt the same way about the talk regarding acquiring Puljujarvi.)

Of course, it's entirely possible that both things are right!

crab

Jan 26, 2019
You would imagine Strome would have a huge incentive to really apply himself this year to get the big contract after this year. Will be interesting to watch.

GMBM has made some solid moves this off-season. I was frustrated with his moves last year. Still think Carlson needs to be moved/upgraded for the team to really have any chance to go deep in the playoffs. He has been abysmal in the playoffs since the Cup.
Pl

Reactions: Hivemind

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille