Confirmed with Link: Washington signs Darcy Kuemper (5 years, $5.25M AAV)

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Hah!

Noted Sammy supporters weigh in. ;)
3006CA3F-B56C-40D1-8629-394FD22D0F30.jpeg

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Capable starter who has won a cup, but if he doesn't produce here he'll quickly become the scapegoat for many here. He gets the job done in most cases and I expect he'll do well. We just need guys like Carlson to stop being lazy and stupid and play better in front of the goalies. Not even commenting on the goalie coach. The contract is fantastic considering the goalie demand this offseason by many teams.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Avs fans seem to think they won despite Kuemper. Will be interesting to see how he looks here.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Avs fans seem to think they won despite Kuemper. Will be interesting to see how he looks here.

The Avs let up 4 shots in the Cup clinching 3rd period. They gave up 16 shots total in the shutout in game 2, only 7 at even strength. He was really good in game 4 when he stopped 32-34, but he wasn't tested that much in other games and he was chased in game 3 with 5 goals in 15 shots. I would not say they won "despite" DK, but they didn't need him to be great to win, a lot of other goalies could win that Cup behind the 2022 Avalanche.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Tbh honest that was my take watching a ton of Colorado games in the playoffs. For next year a sure improvement over Sammy however. Felt like Colorado could just out offense their way out of holes.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The Kuemper signing is the opposite of trading for Wentz because all the other goalie moves made it look more palatable while all the QB moves made the Wentz deal look worse. Also the last time we saw Kuemper he was winning the Cup vs Tampa and the last time we saw Wentz he was missing the playoffs vs the Jags.

Last edited:

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
This is exactly what we needed in the net. Hopefully he stays healthy though.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah we definitely did. He came up clutch in maybe 2? games, which was good enough for this team. But the majority of the time it was "Oh Darcy..."

To be fair! His injury bothered him a lot, he had to see an optometrist 2+ times a day to "retrain" his eye so I give him the benefit of the doubt there. Still incredibly frustrating and nerve racking as a fan though.

Also thought this was the main boards, whoops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad