Confirmed with Link: Washington signs Darcy Kuemper (5 years, $5.25M AAV)

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
tumblr_pag3kdZjoW1x9ex19o1_400.gif

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
I know it’s total anchoring bias cause it was speculated he’d get 6x6, but this seems like a great deal, especially considering what Campbell got.

Reactions: Neil Racki

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Slightly less term and money than expected. If the Caps really think they can go for it (i don't) this is a good signing.

Hoping for a quick Wilson recovery and for some consistency from Mantha and this season might actually prove interesting.

Reactions: Neil Racki

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm a Caps fan in the end so like to be proven wrong but if this works out as a bust I deserve the right to throwing shade, heh.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
This contract will suck starting next year, team D is just bad, no goalie can save it. And goalies will take the blame, as per usual.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Looks like a fine deal to me. In fact, if you go to the stats page on nhl.com and look at goalies with 70+ wins since season 2018-2019 (which is pretty much every starter and 1B option) you will find that he has the best GAA and SV%. Before you say Colorado's defense deserves the credit, I'll remind you he was on Arizona for a good portion of those games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
There’s really nothing not to like here as long as his play is consistent with what it’s been for the past several years. He was far and away the best option available and he was signed at a very reasonable price.

The goaltending factory in Washington is dead. Long live the goaltending factory.

Reactions: twabby

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Should we be super concerned about his vision issues?

Per the Hockey News

Washington Capitals: G Darcy Kuemper signs a five-year, $5.25-million AAV deal.

THN's Take: With strong stats during the regular season and a Stanley Cup to his credit Kuemper enters the year as the clear No. 1 in Washington. The key thing will be Kuemper's health, especially after it came out he had to go to the optometrist 2-3 times a day during the Cup final to "re-train his eye".

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Kinda worried his "retrain the eye" thing isn't a permanent problem... anyone else feel like that would just be the Caps luck? He wasn't great in the playoffs but he didn't need to be behind Colorado's machine. With us, he'll need to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad