OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Per the ESPN article, each of the three investors shares are worth ~$400M each, $1.2B total. Snyder doesn't have that cash lying around and he can't take on that much debt and stay functional.

Well Fred has a choice then...shut up and watch his investment continue to grow or find someone to buy it and take less than $400 mil. When you're trying to cut bait like he is, expecting FMV is a fantasy especially knowing who the purchaser has to be comfortable getting into bed with.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I don’t get the appeal of Redwolves.

With how "viral" it suddenly went, I'm really curious at the potential that it's an astroturfing venture by the front office to get the name they've already picked in the minds of fans.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Well Fred has a choice then...shut up and watch his investment continue to grow or find someone to buy it and take less than $400 mil. When you're trying to cut bait like he is, expecting FMV is a fantasy especially knowing who the purchaser has to be comfortable getting into bed with.

That's not the point.... Don't care if Fred gets his FMV for his share. Point is, Snyder likely doesn't have any ability to buy them out, so they are going to drag down the value to Danny on their way out the door. And thats still Danny's fault, he's responsible for the utterly empty stadium all last year.

I've seen some hate for Fred Smith on here and elsewhere. What on earth is people's problem with him? Snyder is the issue, not his silent, minority stakeholders who have been nothing but a steadying influence up until they can no longer ever tolerate him.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
That's not the point.... Don't care if Fred gets his FMV for his share. Point is, Snyder likely doesn't have any ability to buy them out, so they are going to drag down the value to Danny on their way out the door. And thats still Danny's fault, he's responsible for the utterly empty stadium all last year.

I've seen some hate for Fred Smith on here and elsewhere. What on earth is people's problem with him? Snyder is the issue, not his silent, minority stakeholders who have been nothing but a steadying influence up until they can no longer ever tolerate him.
On Fred Smith he’s waited 20 years to make a name change power play on the back of BLM. He seems just as bad as the rest of the people trying to profit off the movement.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There is already an MLS team: New York Red Bulls.

I know. There are several teams sponsored by the drink which was my point.

But there are also teams with the same names across several sports and they have nothing to do with each other. Panthers, Cardinals, etc.

It's just now I hear "Red Bull" and think of that energy drink instead of a red bull or maybe the malt liquor.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Finally a new uniform concept that doesn’t look like **** even if they ripped off the weagle design.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I think Snyder could EASILY leverage the team just fine with a value of ~3.5 billion, to buy out Fred or whomever he wanted to honestly.

The Glazers bought Man United with NONE of their own $. Snyder may not be cash flush to buy them out, but he could pull the strings if he wanted to.

And as for your adoration of Fred Smith, you know he’s a steadying influence in an NFL boardroom how exactly?

If he was so steadying, where was this sudden public display of human rights heroism before the country blew up in March? It’s all very tainted with self serving even for Fred.

Last edited:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I know the team wants to stick with Burgundy and Gold as the colors, but one, they're TOO associated with the Redskins name, and two, it's not a really fitting color scheme for a team based in the nation's capital.

In order to have a truly fresh start, the colors need to be changed too, ideally to red, white, and navy blue like the rest of Washington's teams and the US flag.

This would go great with my proposed name of Presidents.

The fight song just needs a few lyric changes too.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know the team wants to stick with Burgundy and Gold as the colors, but one, they're TOO associated with the Redskins name, and two, it's not a really fitting color scheme for a team based in the nation's capital.

In order to have a truly fresh start, the colors need to be changed too, ideally to red, white, and navy blue like the rest of Washington's teams and the US flag.

This would go great with my proposed name of Presidents.

The fight song just needs a few lyric changes too.

Funny how people view things, because I would absolutely hate it if they went this direction. The burgundy and gold/mustard is one of the best color schemes in sports; it's original and looks terrific both in person and on TV... it would be a shame to ditch it so they could copy the color scheme of other NFL teams, including one of their biggest rivals in their own division. And not all DC teams are red, white, and blue -- DC United is red and black.

Reactions: Bananas

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If they started winning again you could name them the Pancakes and have the colors be bread and butter for all I care...

Reactions: Devil Dancer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad