OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Season Thread Vol 3: Training Camp Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
[Mod]

I’d suspend him until he apologized to me in front of the team.

https://es.pn/2ZFa0Xd

A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with the fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Gruden is in "win now and save my job" mode. That's why Haskins isn't starting Week 1.

That tells you they see a significant gulf between AP and Guice.

edit: OR the Dan is dictating who plays and he wants to see Guice

Kevin Sheehan said he heard Gruden didn't want to resign AP in the off-season and he would have kept Perine instead of AP at final cuts. That would point to the front office wanting AP around if true.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Sheehan said he heard Gruden didn't want to resign AP in the off-season and he would have kept Perine instead of AP at final cuts. That would point to the front office wanting AP around if true.

He also loves McCoy.....just sayin.

Maybe AP is a total dick behind the scenes, who knows? Not ideal. If they don’t cut him, injuries will happen and they will need him I suspect.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
He also loves McCoy.....just sayin.

Maybe AP is a total dick behind the scenes, who knows? Not ideal. If they don’t cut him, injuries will happen and they will need him I suspect.

I didn't get the impression Gruden thinks AP is a dick and thats why he didn't want to resign him. Just that Gruden favors a back like Guise that can be a 3 down back and that is not what AP is at this point in his career. If he had to keep a between the tackles guy who is going to be inactive more times than not then he would of preferred to keep the younger Perine over AP.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Just imagine if Mayock had hurled a racial slur at AB.

I’d suspend him until he apologized to me in front of the team.

https://es.pn/2ZFa0Xd

A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with the fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation.

[Mod] Doubt the team or NFL does squat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
There are only 46 players active on game day. That means backups must contribute on special teams. Since AP doesn’t play Teams he will most likely not be active.

I understand the 46 player limit, but it doesn't change that we don't have a good grasp on building rosters. Besides, you put the best players on the field period. If we need a special teams guy fine. But then don't dress CT. Making roster decisions trying to stay away from injuries is a loser mentality.......

...well now I'm kinda expecting the Redskins to do this.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I understand the 46 player limit, but it doesn't change that we don't have a good grasp on building rosters. Besides, you put the best players on the field period. If we need a special teams guy fine. But then don't dress CT. Making roster decisions trying to stay away from injuries is a loser mentality.......

...well now I'm kinda expecting the Redskins to do this.

If you don't understand why AP would be made inactive then you do not understand the 46 player limit. You saying Thompson shouldn't dress is a perfect example.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
If you don't understand why AP would be made inactive then you do not understand the 46 player limit. You saying Thompson shouldn't dress is a perfect example.

So Thompson is better than AP? In what world is that? Guice is all purpose, you can bring in AP for running downs. Why do we want inferior players out there because were scared of injuries?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So Thompson is better than AP? In what world is that? Guice is all purpose, you can bring in AP for running downs. Why do we want inferior players out there because were scared of injuries?

Thompson has a specific role, 3rd down back. Guise could fill that role in time but right now Thompson does it better.

And what inferior players are you referring to?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Take the Redskins googles off. Thompson isn't good. Why couldn't Guice/AP not handle third downs? We are pigeon holing ourselves as if having Thompson for an occasionally third down option is a better plan to win. AP is a much better option to help us win a game. He can rest Guice from time to time and still keep our RB talent up. CT isn't good, he doesn't help. He is inferior. Its a step down when he comes into the game.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Take the Redskins googles off. Thompson isn't good. Why couldn't Guice/AP not handle third downs? We are pigeon holing ourselves as if having Thompson for an occasionally third down option is a better plan to win. AP is a much better option to help us win a game. He can rest Guice from time to time and still keep our RB talent up. CT isn't good, he doesn't help. He is inferior. Its a step down when he comes into the game.

You clearly do not know what a 3rd down back is and the value of having a good one on the roster provides.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
You clearly do not know what a 3rd down back is and the value of having a good one on the roster provides.

I know what a third down back is, and if we had a work horse primary and a good third down back, I'd agree with you. But we have an unproven primary, and a below average third down back, and have decided to possibly sit a guy who can give us 20 good carries for what??? What if guice struggles? What if he gets tired due to not having a full game under his belt yet? We are going to bring in CT? And then your telling me its to keep AP healthy? All right before the first game like we hadn't thought about this before. This is a clown show organization that puts itself in stupid situations and makes stupid moves. Putting the best players on the field gives us the best

Reactions: Beef Invictus

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't get the impression Gruden thinks AP is a dick and thats why he didn't want to resign him. Just that Gruden favors a back like Guise that can be a 3 down back and that is not what AP is at this point in his career. If he had to keep a between the tackles guy who is going to be inactive more times than not then he would of preferred to keep the younger Perine over AP.

I guess I don’t see the need to rush Guice into a full bell cow load and I also think AP can help you win games still.

Reactions: Corby78

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I guess I don’t see the need to rush Guice into a full bell cow load and I also think AP can help you win games still.

I understand your point of view, and share it for the most part, but if AP is active that means they have 4 active RB's instead of the standard 3. What other position on the team is forced to sit a valuable back up in order for them to dress 4 RB's?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I understand your point of view, and share it for the most part, but if AP is active that means they have 4 active RB's instead of the standard 3. What other position on the team is forced to sit a valuable back up in order for them to dress 4 RB's?

Yep, I get it. If AP can’t do the CT role better than CT....I’m torn. AP still has some tread left.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
ABs apology today was so half assed. A total joke.

He looked so aggravated to have to pretend to apologize but he sucked it up to get his cool xxM.

Fool me once. um. Shame on you. WONT BE FOOLED AGAIN.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
ABs apology today was so half assed. A total joke.

He looked so aggravated to have to pretend to apologize but he sucked it up to get his cool xxM.

Fool me once. um. Shame on you. WONT BE FOOLED AGAIN.
giphy.gif

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad