OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 2 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Chris Russell can be a tool bag and Bruce Allen can be a piece of **** at the same time. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive and in fact I bet both are true.

This quote sums up Russell perfectly, IMO.

"Everybody thinks on my end that I just have it out for Bruce Allen," Russell said. "If I'm being honest, I don't think he's a good leader. I don't think he's a good person, I don't think he treats people well."

Specifically the "If I"m being honest.." part.

Ultimately, who gives a shit about a mass exodus of the business staff? Its just piling on from a wannabe Jason La Confora who is looking for attention.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This quote sums up Russell perfectly, IMO.

Specifically the "If I"m being honest.." part.

Ultimately, who gives a **** about a mass exodus of the business staff? Its just piling on from a wannabe Jason La Confora who is looking for attention.

I'm not going to defend Russell who is a schmuck but I do think it speaks to the overall health of the organization. The fans are leaving in droves and Dan fired his hotshot VP of Business after one season, and now there are reports of a mass exodus on that side of the business -- that seems newsworthy, no?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Sep 19, 2008
Also Russell has Incarcerated Bob-level amounts of veracity. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm not going to defend Russell who is a schmuck but I do think it speaks to the overall health of the organization. The fans are leaving in droves and Dan fired his hotshot VP of Business after one season, and now there are reports of a mass exodus on that side of the business -- that seems newsworthy, no?

The overall health of the Skins organization can be classified as terminally ill and we've known this for some time. The first sign of the terminal illness was the hiring of Jim Zorn.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The overall health of the Skins organization can be classified as terminally ill and we've known this for some time. The first sign of the terminal illness was the hiring of Jim Zorn.

It’s pretty f***ing newsworthy unless you’re just sick of the team you root for getting shit on all the time. I’m of the opinion that it needs to get a lot worse before it truly gets better.

Worst thing that could have happened was Hard Knocks NOT covering them. Public opinion may never force Snyder to sell, but it sure as hell could lead to Allen being gone. Certainly cannot hurt to keep shining a bright damn light on those assholes.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

While I use to just believe a player when they'd comment on something like this, but let's be real. He'll probably start camp limited due to something, it doesn't make sense for someone to just make up that he suddenly has a hamstring injury. He probably thinks he'll be back and ready with no issue.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
  • Madden rankings out:
  • Offensive lineman Trent Williams leads all Redskins with an overall rating of 95
  • Tight end Jordan Reed (88 overall) rates second among Washington players, while outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan and right guard Brandon Scherff (both 87 overall) are tied for third.
  • S Landon Collins (83)
  • RB Adrian Peterson (83)
  • DL Matt Ioannidis (83)
  • DL Daron Payne (83)
  • DL Jonathan Allen (82)
  • TE Vernon Davis (81)
  • CB Josh Norman (81)
  • WR Paul Richardson (81)
  • P Tress Way (81)
Everyone else is below 80

Redskins Receive Madden NFL 20 Player Ratings

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
  • Madden rankings out:
  • Offensive lineman Trent Williams leads all Redskins with an overall rating of 95
  • Tight end Jordan Reed (88 overall) rates second among Washington players, while outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan and right guard Brandon Scherff (both 87 overall) are tied for third.
  • S Landon Collins (83)
  • RB Adrian Peterson (83)
  • DL Matt Ioannidis (83)
  • DL Daron Payne (83)
  • DL Jonathan Allen (82)
  • TE Vernon Davis (81)
  • CB Josh Norman (81)
  • WR Paul Richardson (81)
  • P Tress Way (81)
Everyone else is below 80

Redskins Receive Madden NFL 20 Player Ratings

On the Madden game, does Trent Williams refuse to play?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nothing Russel said about the Redskins is false at the end of the day, nor has this team done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
So if Guice isn’t ready for Training camp that seems really off to me. He’s had almost a full year to recover

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So if Guice isn’t ready for Training camp that seems really off to me. He’s had almost a full year to recover

He did tweak his hamstring like 3 weeks ago, but as of right now he is set to start training camp with everyone else july 25th

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

It goes back way before that.

Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jeff George, firing Norv mid season, firing Marty Schottenheimer after finishing the season 8-3. Vinny Cerratto having more responsibility than a fry cook.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

It’s not that off. AP set the bar really high when he came back from an ACL tear and played at a high level less than a year after surgery. He is the exception.

It will probably be mid season before Guise is full go. Just like Chris Thompson last year after breaking his leg the season before. It’s not just physical recovery but mental recovery as well. Gaining confidence in the repair. And injuries like a pulled hammy can be a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad