GDT: Washington Jumbo Slices vs Detroit Little Caesars - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Even Wilson coming back isn't enough. It changes the dynamic of the game, but it means that we would only have 2 forwards capable of threatening the opposition.

There's no way a 37 year old Ovi can single handedly bring this shell of a team to the playoffs.
I didn't say they were a playoff team, just they have done a nice job considering who they played this week and the lineup. I'll say it again, Ovy has done his job for this team. It's guys like Mantha that need to earn their paycheck. Imho, in this league so far this season only 3 teams are a given for making the playoffs right now. I'm about to add two more teams and it's not New Jersey either.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
BMac is in a tough position.

Lots of injured forwards + the top forwards who are still healthy aren’t pulling their weight (outside of Ovechkin). Mantha and Kuzy continue to disappoint.

Now, I don’t think BMac is innocent in their current situation. We saw warning lights flashing with some of the gentlemen who are injured right now and they insist on relying on an old core. They played with fire in that regard and here we are.

I don’t envy BMacs position but I am not sure sitting on his hands is a viable option if they want to make the loffs this year.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Our team lacks high-end skill, elite speed, and youthfulness. We were so stacked in talent for so many years, we are paper thin now. How many players do we have that can actually enter the offensive zone consistently with possession?? I can probably count it on one hand and it’s obvious.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I didn't say they were a playoff team, just they have done a nice job considering who they played this week and the lineup. I'll say it again, Ovy has done his job for this team. It's guys like Mantha that need to earn their paycheck. Imho, in this league so far this season only 3 teams are a given for making the playoffs right now. I'm about to add two more teams and it's not New Jersey either.

I'm not criticizing the effort or their play in itself, they do a good job of staying in these games for 50-55 minutes. We have 3 weeks to pick it up in the standings if we want a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
BMac is in a tough position.

Lots of injured forwards + the top forwards who are still healthy aren’t pulling their weight (outside of Ovechkin). Mantha and Kuzy continue to disappoint.

Now, I don’t think BMac is innocent in their current situation. We saw warning lights flashing with some of the gentlemen who are injured right now and they insist on relying on an old core. They played with fire in that regard and here we are.

I don’t envy BMacs position but I am not sure sitting on his hands is a viable option if they want to make the loffs this year.
Fire the coach is the first card he will play.

We do have the luxury of a lot of cap space due to LTIR.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
My Perspective: We have our Cup and we have had one of the most talented and fun to watch teams over the last 15 years. Get Ovi to 895 and hopefully the young talent develops on the way.

• Haha
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
My Perspective: We have our Cup and we have had one of the most talented and fun to watch teams over the last 15 years. Get Ovi to 895 and hopefully the young talent develops on the way.
I would like to see another deep run but I also think the writing is on the wall and has been the last 2 years. But I agree so much to be grateful for and hopefully the rebuild doesn’t take too long like it has for Detroit.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He’s in the last year of his deal, and it’s the easiest way to shake things up.
Maybe but they'd need an upgrade and I'm not sure there's an obvious one. Trotz in a month? It seems very unlikely ownership would go for that reunion. Babcock? Can't see it. I'm sure they know they can do a lot worse and if it's a move of convenience I'm not sure it would pay off significantly. I would let Lavi run his course over the entirety of the season. Then reassess both at the trade deadline for potential of beginning some structural changes and deeper planning after the season ends. They may be in for a philosophy change so I think they need to let it play out rather than just act quickly with the same old basic approach.

More likely I'd wager on Mantha being shipped out the way he's going. He's such an underwhelming player given his potential. It doesn't help that he doesn't have a true high-end two-way center making anything easier for him but he's not anywhere close to a star talent when it comes to confidence and assertiveness. Finding the right swap will be the issue and I don't doubt he'd fare much better in a more complementary up-tempo system where there's more easy open ice for him to exploit and use his skill vs. just plodding along.

Milano will get his chance before long. But, I mean, you get what you deserve when you pump up the likes of Gustafsson & Irwin. It's a wonder they managed to do well enough against a couple of solid teams to earn any points.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
To me BMAC has done his job and built for good depth (Both in AHL and call-ups). Yeah, you can expect some injuries but this is pretty crazy. Yeah, knew Hags, Wilson, and Backstrom issues. But then Brown, Oshie (kinda expected), Carlson, and Malensyn. Call-ups gotta take advantage when you get it. Liked McMichaels game tonight. Don’t like Snively on 4th line.

I’d like to see Pilon (3RW) and LuJo 3LD play on Saturday. Other possible moves are MJ90 to 1RW, Sheary to 4LW. CMM stays at 3LW. So CMM-Eller-Pilon.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
We're icing an AHL squad up front. They play well generally but they're not dangerous enough. I thought they outplayed Detroit tonight, but we don't have the talent required to finish.
Isn’t finishing the most important part of the game?

He stinks and we won’t get shit for him.
Would be lucky to get a second rounder for him.

Reactions: troyerlaw

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We can’t trade anyone for picks right now. Need bodies and especially a dee. Willing to see what LuJo brings for a couple games. Maybe alexyev. we need some bodies back before we trade anyone. #nextmanup!

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
Playing defensive is they way they should play til healthy. Maybe for the rest of the season with this group. Darcy playing good. Ovy cant do anything by himself. We are in the endgame, accept it. I just want gmbm to say either it’s about the record or winning. Just let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad