OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 3 - Not Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Watching Hard Knocks and the Colts have a serious COVID problem, many players are out. For the Saturday game on Christmas day they were missing multiple players including Darius Leonard and 3 offensive linemen (their best was out due to COVID, Ryan Kelly out for personal reasons, 3rd guy out for COVID)

And they still beat the best team in the NFC.

That's why I'm struggling to find out why the WFT looked so bad on Sunday night. Every team has COVID injuries, and multiple teams were in the WFT situation (Saints had most of their roster out). Yet the Saints only lost 20-3 or something. How do you even get to that point to give up 56 points...

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Just lose, baby.

Near as I can tell the very best they can draft is 6th with clot of luck. Most likely 8 or 9 unless they f*** up and win a game.

Houston, the Giants and Carolina all ahead of them and all needing a QB, means its unlikely they will have their pick of a QB without trading up, and none of these QBs seem worthy of a trade up. Pickett is the only one that interests me and he's a good bet to be the first QB taken, meaning not to us.

Bottom line is seems after 4 months of gymnastics is entirely possible they don't come away with a QB in this draft, or they come away with a project in the mid rounds. Even most likely, they reach for one of the other QBs like Corral or Willis and land their very own Jason Campbell or worse, another Haskins.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Near as I can tell the very best they can draft is 6th with clot of luck. Most likely 8 or 9 unless they f*** up and win a game.

Houston, the Giants and Carolina all ahead of them and all needing a QB, means its unlikely they will have their pick of a QB without trading up, and none of these QBs seem worthy of a trade up. Pickett is the only one that interests me and he's a good bet to be the first QB taken, meaning not to us.

Bottom line is seems after 4 months of gymnastics is entirely possible they don't come away with a QB in this draft, or they come away with a project in the mid rounds. Even most likely, they reach for one of the other QBs like Corral or Willis and land their very own Jason Campbell or worse, another Haskins.
Houston isn't taking a quarterback at 3 and the Giants have already said that they're giving Jones another year. That leaves Carolina and after reading an article on The Score, Matt Rhule is coming under scrutiny in Carolina and I'm not sure Carolina will look at drafting a quarterback. If Washington loses out this and next weekend, 6 is ideal for drafting a quarterback. The question is - will they? Ripoff Ron said he was concerned about cornerback depth, so it won't surprise me if they draft a corner. Let's also not forget that this coaching and management group seem to be incredibly loyal to Heinicke and I can see them giving Heinicke another shot because they'll blame covid and injuries.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If Ron needs to see more of Heinicke, the game has passed him by.

I’m pretty sure RR knew before the season started that his long term QB was NOT on the roster.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think they trade for a veteran QB. Carr seems to be a name with some momentum. If you recall Ron said he thinks it’s not fair or realistic for rookie QBs to start unless they’re drafted in the top three picks or so, so I doubt if they get someone at 9 that he’ll feel comfortable starting him Week One next year. I also don’t think he’ll be patient with a rookie heading into his third year.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think they trade for a veteran QB. Carr seems to be a name with some momentum. If you recall Ron said he thinks it’s not fair or realistic for rookie QBs to start unless they’re drafted in the top three picks or so, so I doubt if they get someone at 9 that he’ll feel comfortable starting him Week One next year. I also don’t think he’ll be patient with a rookie heading into his third year.

I also think they will be forced to trade for a vet starter.

Jared Goff….come on down! Lol….

I’d be good with Carr.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm at home but on TV the attendance looks terrible. And the place isn't even sold out either.

Nice catch.

Sep 19, 2008
Offense just marched right down the field on that play.

Wonder what a competent angry QB can do to a team. This team looks different than the one that went into Philly and laid a goose egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad