OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 1 - The Taylor Heinicke Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Heinicke has been perfectly good (not great) so far and he's only started 2 games as a Football Teamer.

He's not a rookie so the comparison isn't exactly the same, but if the Football Team drafted a dude this past year and he put up these types of performances in his first two appearances I think most people here would be thrilled. Maybe he doesn't have all of the tools that top guys do but not all great quarterbacks have the best tools either (for example, Drew Brees).

I'm cautiously optimistic going forward.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Heinicke has been perfectly good (not great) so far and he's only started 2 games as a Football Teamer.

He's not a rookie so the comparison isn't exactly the same, but if the Football Team drafted a dude this past year and he put up these types of performances in his first two appearances I think most people here would be thrilled. Maybe he doesn't have all of the tools that top guys do but not all great quarterbacks have the best tools either (for example, Drew Brees).

I'm cautiously optimistic going forward.

He has the only tool a QB needs: Moxie! We'll see how far that takes him.

13rmus.jpg

Reactions: twabby

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Good to see Davis play credibly.

Young flailing around and getting dominated by rookies and JAGs is not promising.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Why would the Giants guy feel the need to risk jumping the snap? We all knew Hop was going to miss the 48 yarder, and he did. But give him a mulligan from 5 yards closer after he had already got the choke out of his system, and he delivered (though even that was kinda close). But like how could the Giants special team braintrust not know that the only sure thing about that kick was that Hopkins would gaack. It’s their job to know that

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I just rewatched the whole game, Humphries and Mckissic def deserve a mention. Jon Allen has been a beast and sorry to rehash this argument lol but seeing Kyle Rudolph pretty easily block chase young has once again put a bit of doubt in my mind again about him. Don’t hate me @AlexBrovechkin8 . I also hope we see a bit more double TE sets with seals Jones and Thomas, after that catch I’m officially a fan lol

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Eirikrautha

Eh, when I see a string of #1 picks, who have shown flashes of physical talent in the past, get totally handled, it speaks more to the coaching than anything else. Rushing four with no stunts, movement, schemes, etc., might work against scrubs, but every NFL player was probably the best player on his team in college. Even the trash OLs are still NFL players. So I'm looking at JDR (and his assistants) a little, too...

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How rare is it that we get to enjoy a stress free Sunday because Washington won in primetime on a Thursday?

On Thursday night I went to bed with a DC-area-sportsball-team-won-a-big-game smile on my face and I realized it's been a LOOOONG time since that's happened.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Dolphins not much better. Terrible game mgmt.

Several QBs struggling or going down hurt this week.

-Mayfield looked like he dislocated or injured his non-throwing arm but somehow came back into the game.
-Carr was down and writhing in pain after being rolled up on from behind, but seems ok.
-Taylor in HOU pulled up lame on a TD run, tried to come back but couldn't. So HOU have a 3rd string late round pick at QB and a depth problem that might see Cam in Texas soon.
-Dalton banged up and replaced by Fields
-Lawrence not doing that well so far
-Winston is Mr. Hyde again
-Tua knocked out of the game early
-Burrow has been ass and just threw a pick 6 (edit: 3 picks...in a row)

But Darnold has been good. So go figure.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And if you had week 2 for Wentz going down injured, you win the pool.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
It'll be between us and dallas for the division, and their defense is non-existent. Philly looked very pedestrian today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad