OT: Washington Football Team 2021 Post-Season Thread 1: NFC East Champs! Wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Giants fans,players, and now coaches are whining to no end still. It’s pretty pathetic yet hilarious! You’d think they were a snake bitten 10-6 Miami team. The Giants can f*** right off

Sep 19, 2008
17qf7dkh0f961.jpg

Reactions: Corby78

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Judge: Will never 'disrespect the game' like Eagles

"To disrespect the effort that everyone put forward to make this season a success in the National Football League, to disrespect the game by going out there and not competing for 60 minutes and doing everything they can to help those players win, we will never do that as long as I am the head coach of the New York Giants."

Salt level: HIGH

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

"To disrespect the effort that everyone put forward to make this season a success in the National Football League, to disrespect the game by going out there and not competing for 60 minutes and doing everything they can to help those players win, we will never do that as long as I am the head coach of the New York Giants."

this is so crazy. You won 6 games all year and feel robbed??? Please please please send that to the Miami Dolphins, I would love to see that response

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Bonus salt packet: Judge was born in Philly

But hey, a guy who coaches a 6-10 team in his only season as an NFL HC can tell everyone else how to run their orgs.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I feel so dirty now about being happy when the Giants beat us both times. We should have just kicked their asses.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Of course Max K (Giants fan) and the hostess (Giants fan) are the only two supporting Judge saying anything.

everyone accepting that Pederson was tanking, but most roasting Judge from what I’ve seen all morning.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Let's look at common opponents:

PHI: NYG split, WFT swept
DAL: NYG split, WFT swept
ARI: both lost
Steelers: NYG lost, WFT won
Ravens: both lost
Niners: NYG lost, WFT won
Bengals: both won
Rams: both lost
SEA: NYG won, WFT lost
CLE: both lost

Vs common opponents record:

NYG: 4-8
WFT: 7-5

Both were 1-4 vs playoff teams.

H2H: Giants won both games by a total of 4 points. They won 20-19 with Jones vs Allen. They also won 23-20, again with Jones, when Allen dislocated his ankle early in the game and was replaced by Smith who threw 3 INTs in just his 2nd appearance since his leg was snapped in two.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This is one of RR's trial balloons. Hiney is going to start or at least play significant minutes and he's getting everyone prepared.
I think it's the opposite. He'll start Alex and if they look toothless he'll get pulled, and it won't be a long leash since we can't afford to let Tom build a big lead.

Reactions: Bananas

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If Smith plays like last week you have to bench him unless the score is still close. If it’s close you just hope that Smith can win yet another game he starts. At 5-1 perhaps there is an angel over his shoulder.

We are officially in the house money stage so no need to leave any chips on the table. If Smith is shaky and we fall behind crack a Heineken and see what the rest of the night brings.

It’s been a fun year. An upset would be gravy...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think you have to give Alex the start given the respect he commands in the room and his mastery of the offense but he should be yanked at the first sign of duress. If he looks as bad as he did last week he shouldn't last the first quarter. Heinicke should get all of almost all of the first team reps in practice and he should prepare to play most or all of the game and the team should prepare as if Heinicke will be the QB. As Bananas mentioned, we are playing with house money and we're firmly the underdogs who have no business being in the playoffs (according to plenty of talking heads) so we have nothing to lose; if we go down let's go down swinging going for the knock-out instead of turtling the whole time hoping to catch Tampa with their chin exposed.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I think you have to give Alex the start given the respect he commands in the room and his mastery of the offense but he should be yanked at the first sign of duress. If he looks as bad as he did last week he shouldn't last the first quarter.

He just had 3 weeks of rest and that didn't help. Seems unlikely that 6 days will.

That said, the WTFs are going to get trounced either way. So you might as well roll with Smith and let him be the hero one last time.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think you start Smith, but Heiny should get a decent amount of the snaps...

I see this match up as overmatched boxer would lol........our Offense must hold in the clinch at every opportunity and hope the D can land a few haymakers to steal the fight.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think it's the opposite. He'll start Alex and if they look toothless he'll get pulled, and it won't be a long leash since we can't afford to let Tom build a big lead.

That's why I said or at least play significant minutes. RR will WANT to have Smith looking good in practice and come out blazing. But he's probably prepping everyone for either a QB switch or a sub in-game.

It can escalate quickly with RR after one of these warning shots, as we've seen. Could go from "Alex has earned the right to compete" to "Hiney is starting" in a 24 hr period lol

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

shockingly angry for a 6-10 teams coach.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I read this as Smith plays as long as the game is close. If they go down 14 points, TH comes in. That simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad