Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
@CapitalsCupReality

I don’t dislike Watson at all. I just don’t understand the knob slobbering over him, and I think it’s pretty crappy he signed a huge deal w the team just 5mo ago (Sept 2020) and now wants out. Why sign that deal then?

I also don’t buy into the whole “But the Texans are toxic because Easterby!!” argument. That may be true. But Easterby was there for 18mo *before* Watson signed his contract. So that dynamic was already in place.

I guess I could ask you why you are such an apologist for him? Giving him a pass on all of this because “top 5 QB” or whatever. I get that you drool over him, but that’s not a great reason to ignore how he’s handling all of this.

Watson is a really good player and I openly wanted him in 2017’s draft. Thought he was awesome at Clemson. But the kid seems to think he’s entitled to stuff, and I don’t agree with it, and am not thrilled with how he’s handled this whole “Texans thing”

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
@CapitalsCupReality

I don’t dislike Watson at all. I just don’t understand the knob slobbering over him, and I think it’s pretty crappy he signed a huge deal w the team just 5mo ago (Sept 2020) and now wants out. Why sign that deal then?

I also don’t buy into the whole “But the Texans are toxic because Easterby!!” argument. That may be true. But Easterby was there for 18mo *before* Watson signed his contract. So that dynamic was already in place.

I guess I could ask you why you are such an apologist for him? Giving him a pass on all of this because “top 5 QB” or whatever. I get that you drool over him, but that’s not a great reason to ignore how he’s handling all of this.

Watson is a really good player and I openly wanted him in 2017’s draft. Thought he was awesome at Clemson. But the kid seems to think he’s entitled to stuff, and I don’t agree with it, and am not thrilled with how he’s handled this whole “Texans thing”

After what I read about Houston and the charlatan pulling the strings down there....yeah, I side with the player on this specific case.

you can lob all the insults you want about slobbering, drool, or apologist, or whatever...maybe that makes you feel like you won the debate?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So Orlando Brown Jr is looking to be traded to a team that will use him at left tackle. Offer up that San Fran 3rd for him and you've got a left tackle for the next decade or so. No need to draft one in round one and the team can focus on getting a quarterback instead. If Heinicke is the starting quarterback come fall, this club is going to be in huge trouble.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So Orlando Brown Jr is looking to be traded to a team that will use him at left tackle. Offer up that San Fran 3rd for him and you've got a left tackle for the next decade or so. No need to draft one in round one and the team can focus on getting a quarterback instead. If Heinicke is the starting quarterback come fall, this club is going to be in huge trouble.

he’s a UFA next year....how much is that going to cost us?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The GOAT can’t handle his liquor.

I’m sure most of us in here of age had to be walked out like that. I know I have. Luckily for me it happened before camera phones were everywhere.

He was wasted when he threw the trophy.

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Pro Bowl Left Tackle from a DMV team that is having a dispute with management and wants out?!!

That's going to cost... (umm lemme check... mumble..mumble..Trent 2020..) oh... so a 5th round pick this year and a 3rd next year!

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
After what I read about Houston and the charlatan pulling the strings down there....yeah, I side with the player on this specific case.

you can lob all the insults you want about slobbering, drool, or apologist, or whatever...maybe that makes you feel like you won the debate?
Wait — you are talking about insults? You called me a dinosaur without provocation dude. Why?

And my comments about slobbering and drool are to a lot of people, not you specifically. I don’t understand it from a lot of posters on here.

But yes, the apologist was lobbied at you. For sure. As I feel like that is what you are doing here.

As far as the Charlatan pulling strings — he’s been there and has been doing it for 2 years now. Watson re-upped 5mo ago. So you honestly think that things were “ok” w Easterby for a year and a half, and then went off the rails in 4mo? As that’s the only logical argument one can make for it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure why you’re caught up in whatever timeline you keep mentioning...Watson should turn down a mega deal because a bozo is there? No, you sign and take that $ and force your way out when they lie to you lol...

And I didn’t call you a dinosaur, I implied your mentality was outdated....

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Question about Wilson being consulted on ‘personnel.’ Are we talking on field, coaching, front office, all of the above?

I get asking him which defensive lineman he liked facing least. I’m not as sure about GM though.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pro Bowl Left Tackle from a DMV team that is having a dispute with management and wants out?!!

That's going to cost... (umm lemme check... mumble..mumble..Trent 2020..) oh... so a 5th round pick this year and a 3rd next year!

I meant in salary to resign....lol...but funny!

Reactions: tenken00

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I’m sure most of us in here of age had to be walked out like that. I know I have. Luckily for me it happened before camera phones were everywhere.

That celebration is downright quaint compared to the Caps in 2018.

Reactions: max21 and Hivemind

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Question about Wilson being consulted on ‘personnel.’ Are we talking on field, coaching, front office, all of the above?

I get asking him which defensive lineman he liked facing least. I’m not as sure about GM though.

At first DP asks about “organizational moves”, then further asks if he’s involved in offensive free agents or draft picks when Wilson seems uncomfortable answering....

I think this is a shift in the league myself....if you’re a top QB.

otherwise as these guys bring up, you’re dealing with scenarios where Aaron Rodgers is making passive aggressive comments in the press instead of a healthy up front relationship where everyone has some skin in it.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

I'm pretty certain that a deal could be easily worked out. If the reason for not dealing for an elite left tackle is because of cost, that's kind of dumb. Would you feel confident putting Watson behind a line with Geron Christian or Cornelius Lucas protecting him or would you feel more confident with Brown Jr in the lineup? If you're going to make a trade for a $40 million per year quarterback, a pro bowl left tackle is certainly a good investment to make.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

More on the cheerleader stuff:

- settlement reached sometime in 2020
- both cheerleaders and band put on pause while the new team name and uniforms is figured out.
- once name and uniforms chosen it will be determined how both cheerleaders and band fits into new game day experience.
- both are expected to return.
- NFL investigation is wrapping up.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty certain that a deal could be easily worked out. If the reason for not dealing for an elite left tackle is because of cost, that's kind of dumb. Would you feel confident putting Watson behind a line with Geron Christian or Cornelius Lucas protecting him or would you feel more confident with Brown Jr in the lineup? If you're going to make a trade for a $40 million per year quarterback, a pro bowl left tackle is certainly a good investment to make.

was just curious what the cost (cap hit) to resign him would be.

I’m all for better linemen...less for it if it’s a 1 year rental and he walks...

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

He was probably that wasted because he only had an almond for breakfast #TB12Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad