OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
27 billion to extend the metro? Where will that come from?
I don't have the current household and project household growth but just eyeballing it if we are talking extending a metro line in VA I would think the orange line would make more sense.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't have the current household and project household growth but just eyeballing it if we are talking extending a metro line in VA I would think the orange line would make more sense.

WMATA has easement and property on I-66 out to Centreville, at least. I don't think it goes out to Manassas or Gainesville, but it could. One of the challenges of the new 28 interchange was still allowing the option for a potential future Metro station.

I don't think they have anything like that down I-95. Could be wrong, but the Express Lanes pretty much deleted any easy building path.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Option only is definitely a plan B scenario, then. Trying to scare the other sites into caving in.

I wonder what the actual loss in jobs and revenue would be for any given area if Washington Football Commanders were to leave?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Where do people want it?

In the middle of f***ing Tyson's Corner?

If think NOVA traffic is bad now just wait.
I grew up in a Baltimore suburb and I’d say it was a 50/50 split Redskins and Ravens. It’s no doubt much more skewed towards Ravens fans today and if they move it further south and west I imagine that any remaining MD fans and future generations will feel no connection towards Washington. Maybe they’ve already decided the MD market isn’t worth fighting for so they’re looking to build a bigger following in VA.

They belong in DC and if not there then as close to DC as possible. Oxon Hill/National Harbor seems like a solid location. I’d rather it be in Landover than in Dumfries. 95 south of 395 and particularly past Quantico has worse traffic than where the current stadium is.

Reactions: Corby78

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
tysons corner has a metro stop
tbh tysons corner would make a hell of a lot of sense being right on the beltway/267/expanded RT7/and heavy rail with the metro. Having worked at Tysons Corner for that past 19 years (no more with covid) and even more years going back to working other jobs in that area in my teenage and twenties I kinda figured out one area one might be able to go in.

If you zoom in on Tyco Rd and Route 7 basically north of tyco side to the toll road seemed like it would work. Big Toyota dealership as well as Audi and Tesla and a bunch of industrial shops.

Those will get pushed out just like most of the dealers did in Ballston while I was living there.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I grew up in a Baltimore suburb and I’d say it was a 50/50 split Redskins and Ravens. It’s no doubt much more skewed towards Ravens fans today and if they move it further south and west I imagine that any remaining MD fans and future generations will feel no connection towards Washington. Maybe they’ve already decided the MD market isn’t worth fighting for so they’re looking to build a bigger following in VA.

I never really understood how all that worked out. Born in DC in '74, raised on PC County. I only remember the Baltimore Colts anecdotally. I have more actual memory of the CFL Stallions. I was raised a Skins fan.

By the time the Ravens debuted, I was living east of the Bay Bridge, then in Crofton. Those locations were Ravens markets, so I couldn't get several games a year on cable. f***ing infuriating to shell out $300 to watch local games that should be on free TV when everywhere I lived was literally physically closer to the Redskins stadium. Not by much, but still... No reason for anyone my age or younger to have grown up a Baltimore fan, but as soon as there was a team huge sections of Maryland were deemed Ravens territory. Weird.

I’m not sure there are two owners who dislike Snyder more than Mara and Jerruh so while I think they’d like to see the Washington team remain bad, the opportunity for them to kick Danny out of their club and personally put the nail in his coffin would be one they’d cherish.

Jerry Jones was on Bob Costas' new HBO show last year and spent a decent portion of a lengthy segment defending Snyder. Maybe the tune has changed with the new controversies, but that interview made it sound like they're friends.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Still can’t believe our name is the Commanders lol damn, I wore Redskins socks today and still sad it’s gone. Please someone tell me I need to stfu and move on

Sep 19, 2008

I was called a Snyder shill for being frank about my belief that he isn't going anywhere. Until they actually pack his bags and kick him out, he's still not going anywhere.

But the media posts another story... "owners are quote upset end quote with Snyder and the distractions ", yeah how about we put his ouster to a vote...

Then 2 owners vote him out, out of the 24 needed

Snyder I've said time and time again is a piece of shit. Nobody here in this city has ever defended him, nobody here is a fan. Everyone wants him gone.

That said the allegations against him are flimsy at best. Deal with it he's staying.

Reactions: Corby78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad