OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
My mood towards sports today is kind of somber now, all the accounts I’ve read of Dwayne is that he was very cool with fans and kids. Goddamn that is sad

Sep 19, 2008
My mood towards sports today is kind of somber now, all the accounts I’ve read of Dwayne is that he was very cool with fans and kids. Goddamn that is sad
Friend of mine had a pic with him once in Ashburn at the training facility

I never had any interaction with him, the game that I stood by the player tunnel his rookie year against the Jets he didn't sign, he just ran out with the team

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I argued many times in favor of Haskins because of his potential. He made mistakes and had a questionable work ethic, he was snapping selfies with the fans during games, but at the end of the day the numbers indicate that he played better during the last Gruden / Callahan year because of Kevin O Connell. When he left, the pandemic happened, he wasn't able to get as much in-person tutelage and training...

It was said then and I will say it now, the Covid pandemic f***ed up his development. He could have been better here. Yes, he had maturity issues here. Yes, he was pressured here to start right away. Yes, he was a Snyder pick because Snyder's son went to Bullis locally and Snyder was a "big fan". That said, he had potential but just was in the wrong situation here. If he was drafted by another team I doubt you see the immaturity issues that you saw here.

RIP dwayne.
Yup, not saying he’s a starter, but if he had been drafted by the Steelers (for example) I bet he quietly develops much much better….

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Tragic news about Haskins. Was there a cause given?

*edit*

Struck by a car. My thoughts are with his family. RIP.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
“Dwayne Haskins, an Ohio State standout before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning.”

Real piece of shit thing to say.

Ugh, awful. In a rush to be first he (Adam) forgot to be a decent human being.

Reminder: Everyone hug your kids or loved ones this morning, just never know when your last day is. Heartbreaking news.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
From the TMZ article on Haskins death:

"Florida Highway Patrol is working a fatal vehicle vs pedestrian crash on westbound I-595 at I-95. Westbound lanes of I-595 will remain closed during this investigation."

He was on a highway. Changing a tire? 25 years old. Tragic.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Schefter is catching tons on heat on Twitter for this, deservedly so. Though I didn’t think he meant any intention towards what he said it’s still pretty f***ed up to say that just to be the first person to break the news

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
A few poorly chosen words….apologize and move on.

changing a tire on the side of the road, much less a major highway…..incredibly dangerous. What a waste of a young man’s life over something so mundane….

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Some video of the scene, not graphic. Looks like the left lanes westbound.

“Mr. Haskins was walking on a limited access facility Highway/expressway for unknown reasons,” FHP said in a statement. “He was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when there was oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, he collided with an oncoming dump truck.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad