Was Josh Leivo getting an NHL job if he got to UFA status?

would a team have given Leivo an every day NHL job as a free agent?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Josh Leivo just re-signed with the Leafs to avoid going UFA this summer as a category 6 RFA. Some Leaf fans think that he re-signed because he didn't think he'd get an NHL job elsewhere, some think that he re-signed because the organization has given him an indication that he will finally get some playing time.

So I thought I'd throw it out there to see what other fanbases think, interested to know what the perception is

Last edited:

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
I think a team would have picked him on the cheap, gave him some playing time and be pleasantly surprised with the results.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
There are teams always looking bargain bin.
Strikes me as a guy the Coyotes would target for some reason lol.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Yes, he is probably a top 9 forward. At the very least, there a half a dozen teams with terrible depth that he would fit very nicely into.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
yes. there are at least 10 teams where he would be a top 9 winger.
Add in that he would be a free asset an its a no brainer.
The leafs protected this guy in the exp. draft over Leipsic, and they have probably assured him
he will be getting minutes with the likely departure of most of JVR,Komarov,Bozak,Moore

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Absolutely.

There are some teams with crappy wingers and bad depth up front. Leivo is better than your average AHL call-up.

Personally i don't understand why he signed the contract but i guess there's a reason behind it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad