Warren Skorodenski

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
Here's a name you guys probably either never heard of or haven't heard from in a while! Anyway, the reason I'm here bringing him up is because I watched this video of his rather less than spectacular goaltending performance:

Then I found out he led the league in SV% .903 that same year? OK, obviously that has to be a couple of people who know more about him, he must have had some decent potential at one time before whatever happened happened. Fill me in please? I'm curious because he did go on to play parts of 3 games with Edmonton in 1988 while posting an astounding 6.89 GAA and a .720 SV%.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^
80's goalies for most part were talentless and Standup style which was dominant style in those days led to wildly inconsistant performances

Skorodenski only played 27 games that year so the book on him really wasn't out ,, Once it became clear his weaknesses he was quickly a minor leaguer with a few more cups of coffee with NHL

He was basically Blane Lacher of his day

To be fair in that playoff he went up against the Oilers at the height of there dominance

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I remember Warren....he seemed like a solid backup in his short stint with the Hawks. Bob Suave replaced him as backup. It might have been them thinking Suave could compete with Bannerman for the starting job?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Great mask...

Warren Skorodenski

images

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
theres a reason many referred to him as Warren Scoreagainstme.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
^
80's goalies for most part were talentless and Standup style which was dominant style in those days led to wildly inconsistant performances

Skorodenski only played 27 games that year so the book on him really wasn't out ,, Once it became clear his weaknesses he was quickly a minor leaguer with a few more cups of coffee with NHL

He was basically Blane Lacher of his day

To be fair in that playoff he went up against the Oilers at the height of there dominance

Captain Exaggeration strikes again. :facepalm:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Captain Exaggeration strikes again. :facepalm:

Not at all

The expansion of game in 70's and growth of NHL with merger left a very lacking talent pool

Very few Europeans were coming over to play in NHL and no Eastern Europeans except for occasional defecting Stastny brother were coming over

The talent in 80's NHL defensively and in net was a major issue

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Talentless. Think long and hard about exactly that word defines and get back to me. If you still think that's an appropriate word to use then may God have mercy on your poor little soul.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Tretiak and Lindbergh were top 5, maybe even top 3 goalies in the 80's. They didn't play much. I agree that the position was weak on star power because of unusual circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad