Value of: Warren Foegele UFA

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
How much does he get as a UFA? Will edmonton be able to resign him.

Very very good even strength production, excellent skater, some decent enough defense.

How much does he get. 3 mill x 3 years a good estimate? More term? more AAV?

And will Edmonton be able to afford to bring him back

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I think he's priced himself out of Edmonton, maybe something like 3 years 4 million. Oilers have Holloway who's ready to contribute on a low cost contract, better to take those savings and upgrade other areas on the team. Said could be said about someone like Kulak to make room for Broberg who is also going to be cheap.

If they move out Kane this summer, I could see them resigning Foegele though. Locker room seems to like him.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If any team is willing to give him $4m+ with term, he's moving on from Edmonton. If he's willing to sign closer to $3m, there's a chance Edmonton may choose to move on from a different winger and keep the guy whose game is beginning to round into form.

Modern day Benoit Pouliot.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
How much does he get as a UFA? Will edmonton be able to resign him.

Very very good even strength production, excellent skater, some decent enough defense.

How much does he get. 3 mill x 3 years a good estimate? More term? more AAV?

And will Edmonton be able to afford to bring him back
I see this post and say, "I wanna get this guy in Jersey" and then realize who posted it!

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I see this post and say, "I wanna get this guy in Jersey" and then realize who posted it!
You know it. Stick him with Jack (and maybe even bratter if you want to go for the fastest line possible), and watch them skate by every single other team

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
You know it. Stick him with Jack (and maybe even bratter if you want to go for the fastest line possible), and watch them skate by every single other team
I also have Colton in the same kind of an idea. Hell I'd like both. Ross is a tad much and Foegele wil probably get a bit more than we'd like

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I also have Colton in the same kind of an idea. Hell I'd like both. Ross is a tad much and Foegele wil probably get a bit more than we'd like
Would probably have to be 1 or the other on Colton or Foegele to keep a reasonable cap structure. I'd be happy with either

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Should get around 4 million, deserves 3. Anything more than 4 is a huge overpay.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No to a resign.. should've traded when value was high. 2 million dollar player that, deservingly, will get 4 mill in UFA. I wish him well. I think it ends just like Kostin did.

Hollo should be full time next year. And time to give some rookies a look.. maybe Lavoie, maybe Xavier B has a great offseason and comes in hot.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
No to a resign.. should've traded when value was high. 2 million dollar player that, deservingly, will get 4 mill in UFA. I wish him well. I think it ends just like Kostin did.

Hollo should be full time next year. And time to give some rookies a look.. maybe Lavoie, maybe Xavier B has a great offseason and comes in hot.
at no point was his value HIGH to the point where the Oil would of gotten anything significant in a deal.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

If he deserves 4M, how is he a 2M player?

I don't think we can afford a 4M 3rd line player, and I don't think he is an ideal top six winger for us. I would love a team friendly deal from him, 3 X 3, but other teams likely offer him more.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He’s worth more than his contract purely for entertainment value having a McLovin on your team. Seriously. Would love for the Canes to bring him back but know it won’t happen. Will root for him pretty much anywhere he goes, with just a couple exceptions.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As other Oil fans have already mentioned, 3mil per is about the max we can give him. I’d like to see him back. Wouldn’t blame him for chasing the money, but if it comes down to 3 mil to play on a contender with childhood friend McDavid or 4 mil to play in Utah or something, I’d hope he’d take the pay cut. Hard to say though

Reactions: LTIR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad