Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
tumblr_olyzqm9XYG1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Into the lair of the Hivemind?! Hard pass….

….seriously though, long ago I once went to a game in Philly with another regular here, both of us wearing a Caps jersey’s and we actually sat in the Comcast suite, eating and drinking….my buddy wearing a Kieth Jones Caps (#26?), but he was working on the Flyers broadcast team. He came into the suite to eat between periods, and we briefly met him. Nice moment to see him recognize my buddy was wearing his Caps sweater. We ended up losing that game, but the crowd was vocal, but civil to us.

This game is going to be a hostile environment. No way I would go tonight as an opposing fan.
Be in a protected suite is a good way to go to a flyers game!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Elliot Fridman said that since the Flyers need a reguation win, if the game is tied with two minutes left they have to pull the goalie to try to score. Which means we can clinch on an Ovie empty net GWG. Please god let this happen.

We are starting this game up 0.5 goals essentially.

I would love this to happen to see the meltdown on the mains :laugh:
But my nerves would prefer a 5 goal lead after 10 minutes in the first.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I love Philadelphia.

Food scene is amazing, beer options are incredible w Philly being the only real Russian River oasis this side of the Mississippi River.

People are assholes but like quick to hug it out after
My only trip to Philly in last 10 years - tried the enjoy a overhyped cheesesteak while a homeless guy relieved himself near all the dining tables and then proceeded to sit down and drink his 40 ounce. Of course no one says anything its just the way things are.
Could have enjoyed the same food scene in NY with same kind of entertainment.

Anyway, im sure there are still places there that have not been ruined yet. Just saying my personal experience sucked. And stunk!!!!

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Game 82 and we can still make it.
When were the Caps eliminated last year? I mean mathematically.

April 3rd, with 5 games remaining. But it wasn't really that close.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Unleash the Fury was soooo loud last night. I can’t remember the crowd being that hyped for Fury in a long time. It was also pretty early considering the TV timeouts were delayed and we had like three straight TO’s.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Win or lose the kids are going to see playoff hockey tonight. Only a taste, and I'd much prefer the series to really hammer the point home...

But some guys are leaving this arena with a way better understanding of where they need to get to in the offseason to be ready to win and that's valuable. They're also insulated by some guys who have done it before, which you can't say about all teams (Buffalo comes to mind immediately), so I think a lot of the right lessons are going to be on display.

This is how teams build winning prospects, and they did it while selling and sorting out a ton of contract stuff... good year no matter what. Time to enjoy the rest of the ride and see what happens.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The interesting scenario with the Flyers possibly pulling the goalie in a tied game is that in that case Washington probably ought to be aggressive in going for an ENG as well. Otherwise they risk going to an OT/SO, which they would need to win unless both Detroit and Pittsburgh lose. And with Pittsburgh not playing until tomorrow night against an Islanders team likely resting players I'm not banking on both PIT and DET losing.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Had a huge backfire just happen to me

Our baby isnt feeling to good, not pooping and in discomfort. I call the Ped office, select 2 as non emergency appointment need .. and they offered us a 7:20 pm visit .. tonight.

Pretty sure the wife will offer to take him and let me stay home .. its not a big emergency

But who the hell has 7 pm non-emergency doctor appointments??!!? I thought for sure it would be a daytime appointment later in the week.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad