Ward out 6-8 weeks, MCL

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Michael Smith ‏@MSmithCanes
#Canes Cam Ward will miss 6-8 weeks with a third-degree MCL sprain. No surgery required.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
He would be back for likely the start of playoffs or a little bit after?

Well, everyone wanted Dan Ellis. Now you got him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He would be back for likely the start of playoffs or a little bit after?

Well, everyone wanted Dan Ellis. Now you got him.

Early May is 8 weeks so that is the start of the playoffs. But if Ellis is playing well enough at that time to get the Canes to the playoffs, would you even risk putting a rusty goalie back in at that point?

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Early May is 8 weeks so that is the start of the playoffs. But if Ellis is playing well enough at that time to get the Canes to the playoffs, would you even risk putting a rusty goalie back in at that point?

I think you make Ward the backup and then if Ellis struggles and he likely will, he is Dan Ellis after all, you go with Ward.

2006 all over again lol.

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
As someone who has had a knee injury before, the moment I saw him buckle I knew it was that and not the back like Tripp was saying. I hope he recovers, but Dan Ellis has been pretty good overall. I'm hoping we can make a strong run with him.

At least Facebook hasn't freaked out yet saying we need Luongo :D.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I still think they can be a playoff team but this could also go the other way in a hurry if D4n Ellis starts to show up on a regular basis. I feel a whole hell of a lot better about a Ward injury than I would any other time since Gerber was here though.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I still think they can be a playoff team but this could also go the other way in a hurry if D4n Ellis starts to show up on a regular basis. I feel a whole hell of a lot better about a Ward injury than I would any other time since Gerber was here though.

Imagine having to start Justin Peters every game? OUCH lol..

I think Ellis can play well enough to get us to the playoffs. After that, I don't trust him.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
We finally have a good team... and that's happen.

Good luck and do not raise the expectation.

Beardy*

At this point, Rutherford has 2 options.

Either he can make a deal right in the next few days, and shore up this defense, or he can sit back, and basically concede that this wasn't going to be our year with these injuries.

Losing Ward like this sucks. He's done for the season. Don't expect him back for the playoffs, if we even make it. Whats really frustrating is that he shouldn't have been playing last night, but Ellis caught a case of the sniffles and now we lost our #1 for the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad