GDT: WAR! Your New Jersey Devils vs. le Montreal Canadiens - 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
What an absolute DOG **** performance. I can't believe this team brings me back in with a three game winning streak then lays this ugly egg at home. It was like an away game for us tonight.

Montreal played like CRAP. This game was there for the Devils if they had any care in the world about putting forth an effort. Half the game went by and they had three shots! Most teams ACCIDENTALLY have more than three shots halfway through the game.

I'm finally on the trade Cammalleri bus. Oh my god he is bad.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
Just got home from the game, can't decide which was the worst one, this or the Nashville game?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This team can go **** off, I changed dinner plans to go to this game and I still haven't seen a home win since early December.

The refs can go **** off too but even without Montreal refs at most we get the game to OT because our 5-on-5 play was completely nonexistent and effort was again highly suspect.

IMO this ranks as one of the worst games to watch this season, maybe even bottom 10 in team history.

That's only a slight exaggeration, I can think of a handful worse this year and a handful worse during 2010.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
That boarding call.... ugh. I don't know why I'm surprised.... even Chris Ryan and Andrew Gross brought up the Wilson on Moore hit. We have had two five min majors for hits that weren't even half as bad and Wilson doesn't get a penalty.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wood to Albany would be a good first step if this team is looking to fix itself this year. Montreal should've just passed the puck to him in their dzone - it would've ended up on their sticks anyway when he fell down.

It seemed like only Devil skaters fell down all night (except when Montreal put on a diving class to draw penalties) - one after another the entire game. Just another frigging gong show in a season full of them.

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
As a Sens fan,we get the same calls when playing Montreal or Toronto.

I mean, how do you get 7 penalties?

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
It seemed like only Devil skaters fell down all night (except when Montreal put on a diving class to draw penalties) - one after another the entire game. Just another frigging gong show in a season full of them.

There were a lot of fumbled passes, stickhandles and tricky ice patches.

Boy, I was so hopeful that Cammalleri had found his form earlier in the year. I don't know if he's even tradeable at this point.

Happy for Santini. Wood needs some adderall supplements. Quincey and Lovejoy have to forget that they already won CUPS, skate and not be terrible. The rest of the Devils have only seen 1 playoff.

Oh well. Maybe there will be a Montoya/Price goalie controversy :).

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still want to see Bennett on the first line. At least for one extended stretch. Just one, he hasn't gotten any this year. Just give him 4-5 games to play with Hall and see something stick. I find it hard to believe that Hall who is great on the 5 on 5 couldn't get Bennett some points as both are excellent possession players. Put Zajac or Zacha with them, I don't care.

Knowing Hynes and his lineup changes after a loss, he'll be scratched for Kalinin this game.

Everyone on the ice looked like that worthless waste of a roster spot tonight.

We might need another one in tomorrow!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
As a Sens fan,we get the same calls when playing Montreal or Toronto.

I mean, how do you get 7 penalties?

MTL.was diving all over the place tonight and the refs bought it.

Wost call was an undeserved 5-min major early in the 3rd of a tie game.

Maybe should have been a minor.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I forgot Gazdic was still on the roster, Hynes might get the temptation to play him tomorrow night.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That boarding call.... ugh. I don't know why I'm surprised.... even Chris Ryan and Andrew Gross brought up the Wilson on Moore hit. We have had two five min majors for hits that weren't even half as bad and Wilson doesn't get a penalty.

It feels like we've been on the losing end of boarding majors ever since Bernier against the Kings.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What an absolute DOG **** performance. I can't believe this team brings me back in with a three game winning streak then lays this ugly egg at home. It was like an away game for us tonight.

Montreal played like CRAP. This game was there for the Devils if they had any care in the world about putting forth an effort. Half the game went by and they had three shots! Most teams ACCIDENTALLY have more than three shots halfway through the game.

I'm finally on the trade Cammalleri bus. Oh my god he is bad.

We need to deal Camm before he gets injured or the rest of the league catches on that he's cooked.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
We need to deal Camm before he gets injured or the rest of the league catches on that he's cooked.

RmRjBL1.png

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah because its in Philly.
After tonight's inept malaise he almost has to make a lineup change or two.

Meh

Not for Gazdic or Kalinin though. When scoring and creating chances was a problem tonight, Kalinin is the last guy we should put in. Offense goes to die on his stick.

Which isn't really true, since the puck is rarely on his stick. Unless he's doing his patented and useless power move to the net and never scoring on it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd definitely take a road cone off the turnpike on the ride down to Philly tonight and put that in for Helgeson tomorrow.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This team can go **** off, I changed dinner plans to go to this game and I still haven't seen a home win since early December.

The refs can go **** off too but even without Montreal refs at most we get the game to OT because our 5-on-5 play was completely nonexistent and effort was again highly suspect.
Yet there's been people in this thread that don't think this game was that bad. I wouldn't expect Hiney Head to say anything less in his presser.

It's pretty sad that this is what we've been reduced to, where a game like this is considered to not be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad