GDT: WAR! Your New Jersey Devils vs. le Montreal Canadiens - 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I could care less if he got a hat trick off of breakaway goals.

He has some major flaws in his game that need to be worked on and it's not going to change if he's constantly bull rushing the puck at the NHL level.

I'm personally hoping Fiddler is activated tonight. Means either one of Wood, Coleman, Kalinin, or Gazdic is being sent down. Would be pointless, in my opinion, to send down Gazdic or Kalinin and sit Wood/Coleman, so I'd rather Wood be the one to go down to get playing time.

Oh. I could. Wood has his warts, but he has more goals than DSP, Fiddler, and JJ combined.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Oh. I could. Wood has his warts, but he has more goals than DSP, Fiddler, and JJ combined.

I'm not interested in Wood being just better than those guys.

I'm interested in Wood realizing his potential and I think he has way more to give then he's showing now. The problem is I'm not sure his skills are NHL worthy aside from his speed and I'm afraid he's going to abuse his speed and not work on those skills.

He's poor under pressure, he's poor handling the puck, he can't win board battles, he's weak on his skates, his positioning is careless but he does at times make up for it with his speed, and I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now. I'd want him to go to Albany and work on those things where he isn't forced to use his speed to cover for his deficiencies like he is at the NHL level.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I still can't get over the officiating in the game last night. On one hand, I'm not surprised because if you only watch the Devils, you already have enough evidence and instances of **** officiating to last you the remainder of the season. Never mind what's going on through the rest of the league. But it just seems to be getting worse. I mean how the hell do you call that major last night and then completely disregard the hit on Moore? How can two calls be botched that badly? The Devils are getting screwed big time this year in regards to officiating and I don't even think its debatable. The only game I can remember where I thought the opposition was getting a raw deal was the beat down that the caps put on us. I think we had 9 powerplays in that game. Other than that, we always seem to be on the **** end of the stick in these games where the officiating is atrocious. It's beyond frustrating at this point.

And the diving. My God, last night was worse than the diving you'll see in soccer. I don't know, it's just a bad situation.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I still can't get over the officiating in the game last night. On one hand, I'm not surprised because if you only watch the Devils, you already have enough evidence and instances of **** officiating to last you the remainder of the season. Never mind what's going on through the rest of the league. But it just seems to be getting worse. I mean how the hell do you call that major last night and then completely disregard the hit on Moore? How can two calls be botched that badly? The Devils are getting screwed big time this year in regards to officiating and I don't even think its debatable. The only game I can remember where I thought the opposition was getting a raw deal was the beat down that the caps put on us. I think we had 9 powerplays in that game. Other than that, we always seem to be on the **** end of the stick in these games where the officiating is atrocious. It's beyond frustrating at this point.

And the diving. My God, last night was worse than the diving you'll see in soccer. I don't know, it's just a bad situation.

Who was diving?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Pacioretty and Radulov were diving all night.

I get why the refs missed the boarding major on Moore - I missed it in real time too. Even though someone should've caught that one, I get it. I do not understand why the Canucks were not called for any penalty when boarding Travis Zajac. I don't understand what happened in Edmonton the other night where they called a penalty off the scoreboard and still got it wrong.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
I dont know which was worse. The offensive, disgusting diving by the cocky french canadian soccer club, or the garbage officiating that actually fell for it. :rant:

Actually I do know what was worse, watching the devils try to play NHL hockey last night. especially the 4th line. woof.

As far as Wood goes, If fiddler can play thats great. Id give Wood another game with fiddler and coleman (hopefully Fidd or coleman can play off wing)
Then, on the way down to philly, I'd stop the team bus, and, drop DSP, Kalinin, Gazdic and probably Josefson too, right off underneath the walt whitman bridge. just sayin.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

^^^ This much is true. Don't forget about the Zajac incident vs Vancouver earlier in the year. I personally don't believe for one second that some of the BS antics from last season have been forgotten by some of the referees either. It shouldn't but people are kidding themselves if they don't think it happens.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
^^^ This much is true. Don't forget about the Zajac incident vs Vancouver earlier in the year. I personally don't believe for one second that some of the BS antics from last season have been forgotten by some of the referees either. It shouldn't but people are kidding themselves if they don't think it happens.

I was actually thinking about Blandisi from last season and yeah, probably not the best look for a rookie to be selling calls in his first few games in the league. But if that's the case, then what is the excuse for a guy like Pacioretty to not be taken to task? I have never liked that guy, but he managed to make me dislike him even more with his behavior yesterday. This is the captain of the Canandiens and he was diving all over the ****ing ice. A veteran player like that, the only way to describe it is that it was embarrassing. The refs were more than happy to eat it all up though. So if they're holding any grudges from last season, they should probably concentrate on what's going on now and get things under control. They looked absolutely clueless last night.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean the two guys who refs obviously had a problem with last season have been nowhere to be found this season, Farnham's with the HABS organization in fact, so I don't really see why refs are or would continue to hold a systematic grudge based on two role players who aren't even here. Maybe they think Hynes is a **** to them despite him almost never taking the refs to task in the postgame - maybe he should start cause that seems to get you calls.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I was actually thinking about Blandisi from last season and yeah, probably not the best look for a rookie to be selling calls in his first few games in the league. But if that's the case, then what is the excuse for a guy like Pacioretty to not be taken to task? I have never liked that guy, but he managed to make me dislike him even more with his behavior yesterday. This is the captain of the Canandiens and he was diving all over the ****ing ice. A veteran player like that, the only way to describe it is that it was embarrassing. The refs were more than happy to eat it all up though. So if they're holding any grudges from last season, they should probably concentrate on what's going on now and get things under control. They looked absolutely clueless last night.

Completely agree. BTW, love the avatar. :) That commercial drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad