GDT: WAIT...THERE'S ANOTHER GAME? CAR @ OTT

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
But why not? Meaningless games, just keep him healthy.

Because he IS healthy. With that rationale, why no keep Aho out? He had a concussion earlier in the year. You don't keep guys, who are healthy, out just because the season is shot.

When NHL players are healthy, they are going to play, even when the season is lost.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Because he IS healthy. With that rationale, why no keep Aho out? He had a concussion earlier in the year. You don't keep guys, who are healthy, out just because the season is shot.

When NHL players are healthy, they are going to play, even when the season is lost.
He had his concussion like a week ago? That's no real concussion then if he is able to play after such a short time.
If he is healthy I am fine with him playing, just don't call it a concussion.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
He had his concussion like a week ago? That's no real concussion then if he is able to play after such a short time.
If he is healthy I am fine with him playing, just don't call it a concussion.

Why? There are various types of concussions from minor to very major. Not every concussion is the same and recovery time is different.

He had a concussion, he recovered and is healthy. No reason to sit out other than Fans thinking "we need to keep him out because the season is shot".

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Why? There are various types of concussions from minor to very major. Not every concussion is the same and recovery time is different.

He had a concussion, he recovered and is healthy. No reason to sit out other than Fans thinking "we need to keep him out because the season is shot".
I guess you are right, I just don't like when they are playing so soon after concussion when there is nothing on the line, it's easy to get concussion symptoms back.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I guess you are right, I just don't like when they are playing so soon after concussion when there is nothing on the line, it's easy to get concussion symptoms back.

A few years ago, he most likely wouldn't have even missed a game and they would have just said "he had his bell rung". I view this as a good thing in that they are treating brain injuries much more seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad