WWE: Wade Barrett leaving WWE?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
He seems to have stalled in WWE, as they haven't really done anything with him since he won KOTR. If he has a good run in Japan or TNA, he could go back in a year or two with a fresh, renewed push that he won't get by staying there now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He seems to have stalled in WWE, as they haven't really done anything with him since he won KOTR. If he has a good run in Japan or TNA, he could go back in a year or two with a fresh, renewed push that he won't get by staying there now.

Until he runs into....

JEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHN CEEEEEEEEEEENA!

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Needed to turn face during Bad News gimmick. God forbid they allow for that.

Seems like a bright guy, hope for the best with him. He's right to want out.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
king-barrett-new-day-dance.gif

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Remember when this guy pinned clean Orton at a PPV?

I remember he was supposed to win MitB before Big Show killed him. Such a shame. Guy has a lot of talent.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could have been a solid top tier heel. Cena absolutely demolished his chances. He never fully recovered. I cannot wait til I hear his perspective on nexus when it's all said and done.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Brilliant example of a career ruined because of Vince's stupidity. Squashing his Bad News gimmick in favour of this King Barrett nonsense destroyed him. I'm literally inches away from just cancelling the network and being done until Vince either walks away, retires, or dies.

Wish him nothing but the best going forward. Hope he finds a normal life, and that he can make it work with his ex-girlfriend Rachel David... word around the campfire is that his schedule made things overly cumbersome when they seemed really happy together.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He's certainly capable of so much more. Like...a lot more.

Creative and losing matches he shouldn't have hurt him but injuries have killed him.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
One of the few WWE wrestlers that have great mic skills and true charisma. Too bad he's so injury prone.
Will he try an acting career maybe?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
According to Wrestlezone, Orton's Facebook page just posted the Bragging Rights 2010 match between Orton and Barrett with the caption:

“One thing ‪#‎TheViper‬ doesn’t respect: A COWARDâ€

It could be an unfortunate coincidence, but if not, stay classy, WWE...

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Too bad he's so injury prone.

This.

Putting WWE aside for a minute, Barrett always seemed to get hurt. And at always seemingly the wrong time.

That said, he still should have been pushed harder and not treated as a midcard geek. He was saddled with so many crappy storylines and gimmicks as well.

The fact he was able to get this over is tremendous. Leave the memories alone, Wade.

Bad-News-Barrett-rises.gif

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Barrett was one of the few guys to get out from under Cena with the BNB gimmick. He was stupid over with a gimmick that had versatility as both heel and face.

I get injuries didn't do him any favors but he could have and been so much more.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Seemed like an obvious joke, but I was listening to today's Cheap Heat podcast and snorted when they imagined Barrett walking into Vince's office and saying "I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad