Confirmed with Link: Wade Allison new contract 2x $785k

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I'm assuming that means Y1 is two-way, and Y2 is one-way?

Man, I really want to see this kid play - DON'T GET INJURED!

Reactions: BernieParent

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
f***ing glad he's signed. f***ing play him this year. Please. I hope he can stay healthy along the way.

Still think he should be playing above a number of other players on the team, including Tippett.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
f***ing glad he's signed. f***ing play him this year. Please. I hope he can stay healthy along the way.

Still think he should be playing above a number of other players on the team, including Tippett.
He's had a great 15 game stretch.
Since then he can't stay health, and was meh in LHV last season.
Right now he's just pushing for a spot at 4RW, much less challenge Tippett.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He's had a great 15 game stretch.
Since then he can't stay health, and was meh in LHV last season.
Right now he's just pushing for a spot at 4RW, much less challenge Tippett.
Agree there is no basis to play him above Tippet at this time.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Fair deal, I mean this guy risks blowing out his knee just getting out of bed. Hope for his sake that he can finally put together a healthy season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Charles special, 2 year contract with one year 2 way and the other year 1 way.

The more terminilogy he can include in press releases, the more he thinks we'll believe he is trying.

He'll play about 15-20 games filling in for injuries to Konecny, Atkinson, Tippett, Deslauriers.

No chance he's a regular unless a long-term injury occurs...and he's a greater risk of that than anyone. Ironically he's better than 2 of the 4 RW's that will play above him.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can’t argue with that, but it only took two posts for a snide comment. Gotta laugh.

If you consider acknowledging that Fletcher extends contracts of this type more frequently than the average GM to be snide, I cannot begin to guess how you would take an actual snide comment.

Solid contract. Hopeful he'll live up to expectation.

Reactions: Cody Webster

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
The more terminilogy he can include in press releases, the more he thinks we'll believe he is trying.

He'll play about 15-20 games filling in for injuries to Konecny, Atkinson, Tippett, Deslauriers.

No chance he's a regular unless a long-term injury occurs...and he's a greater risk of that than anyone. Ironically he's better than 2 of the 4 RW's that will play above him.

Deslauriers is a LW. MacEwen is the 4th line RW.

If healthy, I'd be surprised if Allison is not a regular. He's got more talent than most of the bottom 6.

Reactions: phil162888

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If you consider acknowledging that Fletcher extends contracts of this type more frequently than the average GM to be snide, I cannot begin to guess how you would take an actual snide comment.

Solid contract. Hopeful he'll live up to expectation.
Not a tinge of sarcasm in it? Agree to disagree, dogbert.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

What 2? What is your criteria for being "better"?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
These contract announcements sound like Pesci describing the painting in Goodfellas. Beauteeful.
gooddoggos.jpg

TOMMY: I like this one. One Hayes goes one way, and the other goes the other way.
And this GM’s saying, “Whaddaya want from me?” The guy’s got a nice head of hair. Beautiful.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He got a lot more than Laczynski. Therien can quit his crying now, cause this is a generous contract.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don't have a lot of leverage when you play 15 games then basically miss the next season due to injury.
Allison has a million guaranteed at 25, at worst he's never 100% and has a long AHL career and makes another million or two.
If he stays healthy, in two years he makes real money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad