GDT: Vs Penguins @ 7PM - Did you know we still have a hockey team that plays hockey?

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Halfway through the season and the defense is still in shambles. I watched a lot of bad Kings teams in the last half of the 90's and even they didn't give up at least one breakaway a period. Coghlan is just lost out there. Martinez cannot come back soon enough.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Halfway through the season and the defense is still in shambles. I watched a lot of bad Kings teams in the last half of the 90's and even they didn't give up at least one breakaway a period. Coghlan is just lost out there. Martinez cannot come back soon enough.

Even with Martinez this team has just has kind of sucked defensively this season. Even last season they had their bad moments, except Fleury was their to save them.

This team is what it is at this point.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Due to injury had to miss this one and watch on TV.

I don't know if it's style or what, but I've never seen a team miss the net so much. I also watched them in the last two periods just cycle and cycle and cycle without ever getting into scoring position, then cycle some more until they lose the puck. Got to think coaching has something to do with it.

And, as I've said, Lehner isn't terrible, but we aren't winning the Stanley Cup with him either.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I don't know if it's style or what, but I've never seen a team miss the net so much. I also watched them in the last two periods just cycle and cycle and cycle without ever getting into scoring position, then cycle some more until they lose the puck. Got to think coaching has something to do with it.

And, as I've said, Lehner isn't terrible, but we aren't winning the Stanley Cup with him either.

Lehner is one of the problems, but not the only one. The teams defense has been pretty bad all season. There have been only a couple of games where they looked competent.

I wonder if Deboers leash is getting shorter.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Lehner is one of the problems, but not the only one. The teams defense has been pretty bad all season. There have been only a couple of games where they looked competent.

I wonder if Deboers leash is getting shorter.

The leash only changes based on the playoffs. Look as bad as it is, the team is still in a position to claim yet another division title. Fans don't care about that so the organization, the coaches and the players don't much either. The regular season is deemed a success because there is a full building every night, the team spends to the cap and beyond, and the city gets a contender to follow as they play the league's best. Its just wait for the playoffs and roll the dice to see how this all works out.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The leash only changes based on the playoffs. Look as bad as it is, the team is still in a position to claim yet another division title. Fans don't care about that so the organization, the coaches and the players don't much either. The regular season is deemed a success because there is a full building every night, the team spends to the cap and beyond, and the city gets a contender to follow as they play the league's best. Its just wait for the playoffs and roll the dice to see how this all works out.

They are also in a position to miss the playoffs as well. Only 4 points separate us from 1st to being out of a top 3 spot.

After the Montreal game, this team has a back to back against two really good teams (caps and canes). If they play the way they played in the 2nd period against the Pens, they will most likely be coming away with 2 more losses.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I think the building has been emptier this season. Not a huge number of empty seats, but the last time I went there were more empty seats than I expected. On the bright side I’ve spent a lot less on tickets than I had to in the past.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I think the building has been emptier this season. Not a huge number of empty seats, but the last time I went there were more empty seats than I expected. On the bright side I’ve spent a lot less on tickets than I had to in the past.
This is true - as a season ticket holder who lives 100 miles away and works I can only make about 30-32 games a year, so I sell a few seats (not many considering, but I love my VGK and going to games). It is noticeably harder to sell tickets this year than the last few. Two years ago I was getting $175-200 for my seats (good ones) without trying very hard and pricing my seats about 10-20% less than places like Stubhub. This year, I just sold 2 tickets for Pittsburgh at $90 each, after originally putting them at $125 and having to reduce when they didn't sell. Canadien teams are a bit better, but nothing near what it was.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
They are also in a position to miss the playoffs as well. Only 4 points separate us from 1st to being out of a top 3 spot.

After the Montreal game, this team has a back to back against two really good teams (caps and canes). If they play the way they played in the 2nd period against the Pens, they will most likely be coming away with 2 more losses.

On the other hand, the Pacific is coming back to form as a weak division. I'm not buying San Jose, Edmonton is a mess, and Anaheim is coming back down to earth. Vancouver had a big run, but I suspect they're too far back. And obviously we've been whacked by injuries. As we come later into the season, assuming Pacioretty can avoid getting hurt for the 123rd time and Eichel comes back near his previous, we should be elite as well, though our goaltending worries me.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Hmmm the injury bug is effecting fans now.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad