Voynov will not renew KHL contract, wants NHL return (expressed interest in 5 teams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Never doubt how low GM and owners can sink to. I would think the Kings would trade his rights cheaply though.

Reactions: cgf

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Lol.... count the Habs out.
No way in hell Bergevin signs up for this type of controversy.

Jets don’t need him, so they’re out.

That leaves 3 teams on his wish list.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Seriously doubt the NYR will have interest here. Gorton has been screaming high & low about the character he wants in his players. Mentioned it about every guy acquired at the deadline.

I don't see bouncing your wifes head off the wall as the type thing he wants in his players. This guy can get F'd.

Not that I don't agree, but every GM says the exact same things. It's not like some GMs are OK with guys with issues and other aren't. Every single GM in the league says they want high character guys and generally mention it when they acquire a player.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'm curious whether Voynov would have a harder getting into US or into Canada.

Did the charges turn to a conviction? Usually just the publicity of the incident is enough to have a team release you .if charges didn't stick and or gf refused to proceed then he doesn't have criminal record so he can go anywhere .

Reactions: Fooladelfia

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd be willing to bet there would be more teams that would take him, than teams that wouldn't.
There are likely going to be more teams trying to prevent him returning than one's not. How many games has Ray Rice played since he knocked out his fiancee in that elevator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad