Kings Video: Voynov Interviews (Anyone speak Russian?)

Ron*

Well, there you go! That was the best example yet.

You can find some colorful language between Joffrey Lupul and Voynov on 24/7 Ep. 1 on YouTube. Voynov protected the front of the net and as he and Lupul skated away, Lupul whacked Voynov on the back of his legs. Voynov turned around and immediately exchanged some pleasantries with Lupul.

The full title is 24/7 Red Wings/Maple Leafs - EP. 1 - Joffrey Lupul vs Slava Voynov.

Yeah I know, epic fail "Red Wings" but its a Kings game in Toronto. Very colorful. If I posted it here I know I would get a mod whipping.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I remember Doughty was really pissed off at Slava during the intermission. He should have waited until after they scored to fight Lupul.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Only the derps. Same **** with Dwight King. Voynov has been epic garbage all season. Absolutely terrible most nights. Doesn't mean I want him traded, it's just a fact. I absolutely agree that he will bounce back. He just needs to reset this offseason and he'll be fine.

I've badmouthed King at times. And I feel bad.

Captain Mittens*

First video

Q: What positive moments you can allocate after the first game?
A: Doughty scored very beautiful goal in very important moment. Clifford too. We already were 0:2. We needed this goal. The team was needed to be stirred up. Of course Quick also saved us couple of times.

Second video

Q: Actually you scored own goal. How did you feel after that?
A: It did not break me down. Everybody understand that sometimes such things happens. Just unlucky bounce. The problem began on the blue line. I must worked harder in that moment.

Third video

Q: What was the key moments of the game?
A: We continued to play our game. I think that Quick saved us couple of times. Great game.

Fourth video

Q: The first game of the final. What is your impressions?
A: It was a hard game. We must be better next time. I think this was my worst game in this play-offs.
Q: You were more tired?
A: No, definitely not. Just something was going wrong. We must find the problem and fixed it.
:handclap::yo:

Thank you!

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Only the derps. Same **** with Dwight King. Voynov has been epic garbage all season. Absolutely terrible most nights. Doesn't mean I want him traded, it's just a fact. I absolutely agree that he will bounce back. He just needs to reset this offseason and he'll be fine.

And yet Sutter has him playing the 2nd most minutes on the team behind Doughty...

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Been defending this guy to the point that I need to keep a ****ing Pages document with my responses in it. He's gonna rebound big time next year.

I have been hardest on him all year but I too think he and Richards both rebound next year. I think Richie is hurt and it will be announced in the off season. I didn't include Brown cause I see him rebounding all ready.

Slava will be better

Damassk

Jun 24, 2012
Moscow
twitter.com
Two more from Game 2

First video

Q: Rangers known as a very fast team. How do you play against such team?
A: First of all, you need to be quick too. You must choose you position correctly, hit them whenever you can. You can’t skate past them, when you have an opportunity. Rangers reminds me Sharks a bit. So we know what to do.
Q: What do you think about second game?
A: We played better. I think we did more, than in the previous game. But we can’t stop. We must keep working.

Second video

Q: How do you feel today?
A: I am happy, that we have won. This was the tough one. We allowed to score too many times again. We need to be better in defence.
Q: After the first game we talked about bad start. But it happened again.
A: We always try not to do many mistakes. Yes, good start is very important. But again we wasn’t able to do this. It means we must work harder.

I hope you can understand my sloppy translation :sarcasm:

Ron*

First video

Q: Rangers known as a very fast team. How do you play against such team?
A: First of all, you need to be quick too. You must choose you position correctly, hit them whenever you can. You can’t skate past them, when you have an opportunity. Rangers reminds me Sharks a bit. So we know what to do.
Q: What do you think about second game?
A: We played better. I think we did more, than in the previous game. But we can’t stop. We must keep working.

Second video

Q: How do you feel today?
A: I am happy, that we have won. This was the tough one. We allowed to score too many times again. We need to be better in defence.
Q: After the first game we talked about bad start. But it happened again.
A: We always try not to do many mistakes. Yes, good start is very important. But again we wasn’t able to do this. It means we must work harder.

I hope you can understand my sloppy translation :sarcasm:

Thank you very much. It was very detailed.

Interesting that he echoes the rest of the team in that they need to have better starts.

(Spoiler alert, two cliches coming up.)

Now is the time to separate the men from the boys and walk the talk.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
I don't think Voynov (or Richards for that matter) will bounce back next season. That 2012 run was his best year and I think we're just going to see more of what we've seen this year from him in the future.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong though if the Kings keep him (which they will).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad