Voting Standards

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Two questions:

1) How is voting handled for teams with co-GMs? I have always wondered about this. Does each co-GM get a full vote during the playoff season, or are their votes averaged (meaning cancelled if they conflict and counted as a single vote if they agree) for each series? I have always wondered about this. Due to the adversarial nature of the ATD, I think it is a poor idea of allow teams with two GMs double voting power.

2) Can I vote in the playoffs?

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Two questions:

1) How is voting handled for teams with co-GMs? I have always wondered about this. Does each co-GM get a full vote during the playoff season, or are their votes averaged (meaning cancelled if they conflict and counted as a single vote if they agree) for each series? I have always wondered about this. Due to the adversarial nature of the ATD, I think it is a poor idea of allow teams with two GMs double voting power.

2) Can I vote in the playoffs?

1) Co-GMs votes counts as half a vote if I understood it correctly.

2) No, GMs vote.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
1) I was under the impression that co-GMs each get half of a vote for regular season standings (where they can vote for their own team) but a full vote each for the playoffs.

2) Traditionally, veteran GMs have been allowed to vote in the lower drafts (MLD, AAA) where there aren't as many votes. I don't know if it's come up in the ATD before.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I don't know that non-active (in the sense of having a team...though I would say I've been active in this draft) GMs have ever voted in the ATD, but I always thought it would be good for the draft if the older GMs who were interested voted. I would like to vote, but it is obviously not up to me.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I don't know that non-active (in the sense of having a team...though I would say I've been active in this draft) GMs have ever voted in the ATD, but I always thought it would be good for the draft if the older GMs who were interested voted. I would like to vote, but it is obviously not up to me.

My personal opinion is that the more informed votes, the better. I remember that in my first draft, I was surprised that veteran GMs like Hockey Outsider didn't have votes.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I wouldn't mind guys like seventieslord , sturminator , overpass and jarek voting.( even VanIslander wouldn't bother me but that's another story ) ( sorry if I forgot someone and I'm sure I did )

with all the knowledge they have , their votes are good and informed votes and should be welcomed in the draft.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I wouldn't mind guys like seventieslord , sturminator , overpass and jarek voting.( even VanIslander wouldn't bother me but that's another story ) ( sorry if I forgot someone and I'm sure I did )

with all the knowledge they have , their votes are good and informed votes and should be welcomed in the draft.

I think you forgot Zamboni Mania

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn

Agree. (Well, other than VI who can wait until next year).

I think you forgot Zamboni Mania

lulz

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
MVPeyton is a legit user. Formerly BobbyRyanGetzlaf, formerly Leopold Stotch and who knows what else.

yes, I am interested in voting as well, and I believe that is the tradition for experienced sidelined GMs.

I always cut votes in half for teams with co-GMs in the regular season. In the playoffs we have always accepted votes from co-GMs at full value.... but I was never comfortable with it.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
MVPeyton is a legit user. Formerly BobbyRyanGetzlaf, formerly Leopold Stotch and who knows what else.

yes, I am interested in voting as well, and I believe that is the tradition for experienced sidelined GMs.

I always cut votes in half for teams with co-GMs in the regular season. In the playoffs we have always accepted votes from co-GMs at full value.... but I was never comfortable with it .

I'm not comfortable with it either , I think we should definitely change that and cut their vote in half.That would make a team with 2 GMs more dangerous to criticize.Of course a lot of GMs will be fair comes voting time no matter what (thankfully) , but the rules should still make sure the minority who might take advantage of it cannot do so.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm not comfortable with it either , I think we should definitely change that and cut their vote in half.That would make a team with 2 GMs more dangerous to criticize.Of course a lot of GMs will be fair comes voting time no matter what (thankfully) , but the rules should still make sure the minority who might take advantage of it cannot do so.

It means a little more work for the vote counters - as you have to keep track of which teams have 2 GMs. So if we do go to this method, no complaining about it taking a few extra hours to release the votes. :nod:

Obviously, if only 1 of 2 co-Gms votes, his vote should count in full.

I'm curious to know if any of the co-GMs have an issue with this.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It means a little more work for the vote counters - as you have to keep track of which teams have 2 GMs. So if we do go to this method, no complaining about it taking a few extra hours to release the votes. :nod:

I'm curious to know if any of the co-GMs have an issue with this.

I agree with everything you just said.

And I volunteer to do the voting work if nobody else wants to.This is interesting work.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke

Agreed, two full votes can change the outcome of a playoff matchup, thus potentially giving the team managed by co-managers an advantage by getting a more favorable matchup.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
I have zero issue with any GM who participates in the draft thread (including Sturm, seventies, jarek, BM67, overpass, anyone else I'm missing) voting. I would encourage more informed opinions. It can only help the process honestly.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
it's pretty much unanimous , can we say it's official? We have to make an official list of non-participating GMs allowed to vote.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
It means a little more work for the vote counters - as you have to keep track of which teams have 2 GMs. So if we do go to this method, no complaining about it taking a few extra hours to release the votes.

This is exactly my thinking. I think each franchise should have one vote, essentially, but that it should not be necessary for both GMs to cast a vote for that single vote to be counted.

Sounds like just about everybody is ok with veteran GMs voting. Danke schön.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00