Confirmed with Link: Volchenkov Suspended 4 games

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Thanks Shanny Lou brings you back sets you up for a good job and this is how you repay him. Only 4 games. Should have been the season. :)

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Pretty sad when people are rooting for a supposed top four D man to get suspended so he cant play. :laugh:

Volch actually played real well for that stint after he was benched but **** the bed again.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good! He deserved it, and we deserve not having to suffer through watching his play. He's a mere shell of what he was in Ottawa. I somehow think he'll be bought out next Summer as opposed to this Summer though.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
No more UFA signings. Please. Mcgillis, mogilny, malakhov, rolston, Tallinder, boulton, barch, volch, etc etc etc. Every single one has been just awful (with the possible exception of Zubrus) who is a nice player but completely overrated on this board. And all of them (except Zubrus) would make any list of the worst devils players (relative to expectations) of the past 20 years.

Lou must stop paying premium prices for overaged, overrated, past-their-prime has-beens and work on keeping the homegrown talent that knows the system and has had success in it.

It is no wonder that the most successful UFA signing is Bernier and he was a player nobody else wanted. And he had to come here on a tryout and spend half the season in Albany.

If Lou goes after Horton and Weiss and whoever the "big names" are I will be extremely disappointed. It will show he has learned nothing from the past and prove that not only he does not know definition of insanity, but that these guys are UFA's for a reason and are sure to be overpaid for their production. The

The Chara's, Parise's and Suter's are the exceptions.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
i'd buy him out in the summer and sign a nice two way, solid defenseman for half his price.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No more UFA signings. Please. Mcgillis, mogilny, malakhov, rolston, Tallinder, boulton, barch, volch, etc etc etc. Every single one has been just awful (with the possible exception of Zubrus) who is a nice player but completely overrated on this board. And all of them (except Zubrus) would make any list of the worst devils players (relative to expectations) of the past 20 years.

Lou must stop paying premium prices for overaged, overrated, past-their-prime has-beens and work on keeping the homegrown talent that knows the system and has had success in it.

It is no wonder that the most successful UFA signing is Bernier and he was a player nobody else wanted. And he had to come here on a tryout and spend half the season in Albany.

If Lou goes after Horton and Weiss and whoever the "big names" are I will be extremely disappointed. It will show he has learned nothing from the past and prove that not only he does not know definition of insanity, but that these guys are UFA's for a reason and are sure to be overpaid for their production. The

If Lou doesn't sign one of those guys then you can expect to probably miss the playoffs again. Unless you think we should sign Clarkson for a lot. I'd take Weiss and Horton both over him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A shanaban is the perfect way to end the merry-go-round. Also it was definitely deserved.

Only thing that bugs me is just how inconsistent Shanahan is. Definitely seen equally bad hits get less games, or even nothing this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A shanaban is the perfect way to end the merry-go-round. Also it was definitely deserved.

Only thing that bugs me is just how inconsistent Shanahan is. Definitely seen equally bad hits get less games, or even nothing this year.

Shanahan is inconsistent, but uncle Brendan did not disappoint with this one. Hopefully he's out for the rest of the season because someone else jumps over him on the depth chart while he's out. Seriously Volchenkov is our number 7 defenseman, and I can't see anybody playing under him. I can argue that Harrold might even deserve to be in over him.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007

Chara is, Suter may be, Parise is not IMO, not for what they've gotten. Even under the old cap, those Parise and Suter contracts were destined to be untenable long-term, and they'll be albatrosses going into next year. Obviously all three are players that every single team would love to have, but I think Chara is the only one who's all but guaranteed to be a top-5 player at his position for the majority of his deal, and that's primarily due to his freakish size.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Why is everyone so happy. Volchenkov is a key piece on our PK and is fantastic in that role. Anyone who doesn't see that is either stupid or blind. He's overpaid by like 500K, get over it people, I mean c'mon.

:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why is everyone so happy. Volchenkov is a key piece on our PK and is fantastic in that role. Anyone who doesn't see that is either stupid or blind. He's overpaid by like 500K, get over it people, I mean c'mon.

:sarcasm:

Such a key piece to the PK we actually kill off a 5 minutes major because of him, and score shorthanded!:laugh:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

After close to 3 years of bashing this guy, people are finally jumping the fence and ganging up on Anton... About ****ing time.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
If Lou doesn't sign one of those guys then you can expect to probably miss the playoffs again. Unless you think we should sign Clarkson for a lot. I'd take Weiss and Horton both over him.

Yea I don't see pretty things coming from sitting on our hands with the "status quo" horsepoo. If were not signing someone this team ain't getting better. They will get much worse actually because we don't have asset's to trade for top 6 player's. Hell Lou basically admitted that last week after the deadline passed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After close to 3 years of bashing this guy, people are finally jumping the fence and ganging up on Anton... About ****ing time.

I've had enough of him. He was serviceable last year, but this year he's been very bad. He's a shell of who he was in Ottawa.

Yea I don't see pretty things coming from sitting on our hands with the "status quo" horsepoo. If were not signing someone this team ain't getting better. They will get much worse actually because we don't have asset's to trade for top 6 player's. Hell Lou basically admitted that last week after the deadline passed.

There's always Tedenby version 4.0 though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

We don't have any homegrown talent besides for a few guys on the blue line. Our forward prospects are dung.

There's always Tedenby version 4.0 though!

If we penny pinch this summer like we did during the last go around, get ready for him to get another shot or perhaps bargain basement Bobby Butler 2.0. The thought of that happening makes me ill.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Chara is, Suter may be, Parise is not IMO, not for what they've gotten. Even under the old cap, those Parise and Suter contracts were destined to be untenable long-term, and they'll be albatrosses going into next year. Obviously all three are players that every single team would love to have, but I think Chara is the only one who's all but guaranteed to be a top-5 player at his position for the majority of his deal, and that's primarily due to his freakish size.

People complain about the contracts time and again, look at where Parise/Suter's current team is, and where their former teams are. I hate to say it but they may well wind up being worth every penny in the end.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we penny pinch this summer like we did during the last go around, get ready for him to get another shot or perhaps bargain basement Bobby Butler 2.0. The thought of that happening makes me ill.

He better not be. News of him going to play overseas will be hopefully the first of very pleasant news for the whole Summer. He's done in Jersey. Another Butler signing would make me laugh my ass off. The only good thing about Tedenby busting, and Butler leaving is that's two less players we have to worry about giving RFA raises to. I thought if Tedenby finally proved he was useful, and Butler had a good season then they'd get RFA raises. Josefson too. Now I think Loktionov is the only one in for a raise out of the RFA's, and Henrique too who we pretty much knew the whole time would be getting one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad