Injury Report: Vlasic Out with Lower Body Injury - 3/28

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Vlasic needs to stop getting killed. :-([/QUOTE

What if he's like Doomsday and each time you kill him he comes back stronger?

Or I suppose that could also make him a saiyan (though that would be almost killed instead of actually killed. But semantics). :sarcasm:

and yes, I know.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Vlasic needs to stop getting killed. :-([/QUOTE

What if he's like Doomsday and each time you kill him he comes back stronger?

Or I suppose that could also make him a saiyan (though that would be almost killed instead of actually killed. But semantics). :sarcasm:

and yes, I know.

Doomsday is a terrible character, really lame 90s character. I appreciate the the reference though bro!
Also if Vlasic is a saiyan( and we all know he is) who is killed he'll just go train with King Kai and get a power upgrade, he's probably chasing a monkey right now!

superpickle_zpsdd52dc8d.jpg

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's unfortunate. At least Letang is probably out tomorrow.

Please forgive me for being anti-tank. I'd rather the team win out and what happens. They could get a high pick and get another Fat Balloon or draft 14th and get another Couture.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Please forgive me for being anti-tank. I'd rather the team win out and what happens. They could get a high pick and get another Fat Balloon or draft 14th and get another Couture.

The comparison doesn't really make sense since couture was like 9th overall

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal

Same here. Tank teams are losers and always will be.
Win all you can and do the best you can. That's all any of us can do.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kevin Kurz @KKurzCSN
Fedun recalled #SJSharks

Considering some of the decisions this org had made over the season I was a worried that they'd just move Scott to defense, though I guess they still could, I'm just assuming Fedun will play.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Same here. Tank teams are losers and always will be.
Win all you can and do the best you can. That's all any of us can do.

I cannot root for us to lose games either. My heart does not anyway. But the brain kicks in and tells me that we cannot make the playoffs this year. I would rather have a higher draft pick than a slightly better record. This season is done with. It has been a **** season. Winning another few games is really not going to make it any different.

I would love to pick in the top-10 in such a strong draft year.

Edit: Just saw that Vlasic is a no-go. So maybe Hannan is good enough to play?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I cannot root for us to lose games either. My heart does not anyway. But the brain kicks in and tells me that we cannot make the playoffs this year. I would rather have a higher draft pick than a slightly better record. This season is done with. It has been a **** season. Winning another few games is really not going to make it any different.

I would love to pick in the top-10 in such a strong draft year.

Edit: Just saw that Vlasic is a no-go. So maybe Hannan is good enough to play?

They're essentially 3 games back with 7 to play. yeah, it doesn't look good, but there is still a chance. Until they're mathematically eliminated, I want to see them win.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Wanting the team to lose today is rooting for the Sharks of tomorrow imo. The difference between the 14th and 8-9th pick could be huge this year.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Wanting the team to lose today is rooting for the Sharks of tomorrow imo. The difference between the 14th and 8-9th pick could be huge this year.

They have an outside chance of getting Provorov/Werenski at 9 but those guys aren't dropping to 12th-14th so it makes a big difference. We're looking out for the team's future.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

Doug did call us a "tomorrow team"

He should be proud of anyone supporting the tank

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
They're essentially 3 games back with 7 to play. yeah, it doesn't look good, but there is still a chance. Until they're mathematically eliminated, I want to see them win.

For a team that is struggling to win games right now, even if we were to magically make the playoffs, you think we have a chance to make it beyond the 1st round? I am not a dreamer who believes that this team will magically become better than what it is right now to win a playoff round.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
For a team that is struggling to win games right now, even if we were to magically make the playoffs, you think we have a chance to make it beyond the 1st round? I am not a dreamer who believes that this team will magically become better than what it is right now to win a playoff round.

Not that I think there is any similarities or that it could in anyway be the same but im sure Kings fans were saying the same thing in 2012

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA

IF healthy, i think this team could make it past ANA/NSH/VAN in the 1st round. Making the playoffs would also imply that the team was on fire heading in. :laugh: riiiiiight.... :cry:

The Sharks aren't making the playoffs because the roster is bottom 10. They're not making the playoffs because the team has underachieved all season long. Personal statistics aside, this season was full of uninspired play from every player on the roster.

It would be predictable if they came alive in the dying seconds of the season. Unfortunately, falling short of the comeback would also be the predictable outcome.

Winning out AND having LA/CGY or WPG drop half of their remaining points is extremely unlikely.

About as unlikely as building a winning streak without Vlasic in the lineup.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Not that I think there is any similarities or that it could in anyway be the same but im sure Kings fans were saying the same thing in 2012

Those Kings also got to roll over 2012 editions of the Canucks (sans Daniel), Blues (Sans Halak and Petrangelo), Coyotes, and Devils (Kovalchuk with a hernia)

That was the softest cakewalk to a championship I've ever seen in my life

The Sharks will NEVER get so lucky, this year we'd be lucky to win multiple post-season games, never mind multiple series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad