Injury Report: Vlasic 12/30

MardocAgain

Apr 10, 2012
Did the DudesOnHockey say who else the org might want to protect? Because I have a hard time thinking of a scenario when it would make sense to protect DeMelo.

I agree with your last paragraph. Someone on the team is going to be the worst (relative to expectations) and ppl will complain about them. f you're complaining about minor players, your team is doing pretty well.

I believe it came down to protecting either Dillon or DeMelo. It wasn't so much about protecting DeMelo over another player as it was the fact that if DeMelo plays 15 more games this season he is exposed unless protected. Meaning the org might be deciding if they want to let him hit that mark.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
There is absolutely no scenario under which protecting Dylan DeMelo makes even the remotest inkling of sense. Wilson should be fired on the spot if he wastes an expansion draft protection slot on DeMelo.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I believe it came down to protecting either Dillon or DeMelo. It wasn't so much about protecting DeMelo over another player as it was the fact that if DeMelo plays 15 more games this season he is exposed unless protected. Meaning the org might be deciding if they want to let him hit that mark.

They should let him hit that mark so he becomes another option. I don't think there's any chance either Dillon or Demelo get protected - even in the 4/4 scenario.

4 D to protect are Burns, Vlasic, Braun and (most likely) Schlemko.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
They should let him hit that mark so he becomes another option. I don't think there's any chance either Dillon or Demelo get protected - even in the 4/4 scenario.

I absolutely agree. Those are the 4 D-men to protect. But I have a strong feeling that DW wants to go down the route of protecting 7F/3D as that has more quantity. And in that case, he is probably looking to flip one of Schlemko/Dillon/DeMelo/Mueller (individually or in a package) for a forward(s) that is good enough to require protection.

Pavs, Couture, Hertl, Boedker, Tierney, ??, ??
Burns, Braun, Vlasic
Jones

Assuming, one of Schlemko/Dillon/DeMelo/Mueller is traded and another exposed D is picked up at the expansion draft, we would still have:

Burns, Braun, Vlasic + 3 from Martin/Schlemko/Dillon/DeMelo/Mueller

And we will most likely still have Ryan and Heed available on the Cuda. I think the hardest thing for DW is going to be trading one of Schlemko/Dillon/DeMelo/Mueller without gutting our depth for this years playoff run.

MardocAgain

Apr 10, 2012

Not disagreeing, but it still stands they they could be evaluate him to decide the best route of protect/trade/expose/bench to avoid all others. This is consistent for why Schlemko would be the benched player to allow DeMelo in.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Randy mentioned that Vlasic blocked 7 shots in his first game back from the injury. That is too much man.

BTW I think he is running the Heatley shield right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad