Rumor: Vladimir Tkachyov

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
21 points in 35 games this year in the KHL, 20 in 48 last year. He is the team's leading scorer this year. Listed at 6'0 209.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
21 points in 35 games this year in the KHL, 20 in 48 last year. He is the team's leading scorer this year. Listed at 6'0 209.

all this is fine, but for me, if he does signs, i am more than positive that the hawks will give him every chance to make the team.

second, this is a player, who may step into the starting top 6 and contribute, help to alleviate the gap of finish prospects. if not, he will go to the 3rd line and the hawks can start integrating new blood into the system.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
all this is fine, but for me, if he does signs, i am more than positive that the hawks will give him every chance to make the team.

second, this is a player, who may step into the starting top 6 and contribute, help to alleviate the gap of finish prospects. if not, he will go to the 3rd line and the hawks can start integrating new blood into the system.
Unless WPG gets him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Clearly, this player that most people have never heard of will be the ultimate proof of how (good/bad) Stanley is at attracting talent and how Q (inspires confidence in qualified young players/scares youth talent away). I, for one, will (celebrate/panic) if he signs with (us/them).

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm cool with Stan exploiting international leagues given that players are willing to sign here for near league minimum to prove themselves. Just think, Kempny is making almost the same amount of money as Tootoo. It's arbitrage at this point. Asymmetric risk/reward and I'm totally on board with Stan continuing to go to the well given we need to find cheap talent until the cap grows into the T+K contracts.

From all sounds he would be inserted into a top 9 role immediately. Fourth line at worst. That's a compelling sell for a team competing for cups. Also, can when can he begin playing? After the KHL season or does he have to wait until the 2017-18 NHL season?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Clearly, this player that most people have never heard of will be the ultimate proof of how (good/bad) Stanley is at attracting talent and how Q (inspires confidence in qualified young players/scares youth talent away). I, for one, will (celebrate/panic) if he signs with (us/them).

i like to think it is mostly the success of the hawks and the certain popularity the team has.....

i remember before the SC run, after the lockout, the talk in the media was, the nhl needs to get chi back up there in the skills, b/c of the team popularity.

imho that is anther reason why nhl and the big tv business likes to put chi on the live broadcast. it is all about the $$$$$ it also helps that chi has won 3 SC.

point in case, why do most of america doesn't see LA kings on these broadcast. (now this is my opinion without proof. )

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hey ...not sure of the contract status of the other KHL Vladimir Tkachyov (some English transliteration spell it tkachev) ...the other one is 21 years old and is 5'10 153 lbs. ..right up Stan's smurf list...the guy we are after now is of course 23 and6' 209...The younger one is very very skilled and an even bigger scorer in the KHL...he is a LW....if hwe ever landed both of them we would need to spell one differently..

The one we are after now is with al bars and it is he ,not the younger one,who made the youtube splash with the "javelin throw" goal in a shoot-out ...

migi

Feb 25, 2015
He is skilled, responsible and fast two-way player. Can play either center or winger, but in KHL he is playing C.

I think he would have positive impact, could be better than Teuvo easily.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014

Hmmn... when i look him up they have him at two sizes... 5'8'' and 165 pounds or 5'9'' and 163 pounds. Maybe I have the wrong guy?

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Hmmn... when i look him up they have him at two sizes... 5'8'' and 165 pounds or 5'9'' and 163 pounds. Maybe I have the wrong guy?

According to the tweet in OP, there are two players by the same name. The player the you are looking at is likely the player that started in the QMJHL and is much smaller (and a couple years younger) than the player the Hawks are after.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Hey ...not sure of the contract status of the other KHL Vladimir Tkachyov (some English transliteration spell it tkachev) ...the other one is 21 years old and is 5'10 153 lbs. ..right up Stan's smurf list...the guy we are after now is of course 23 and6' 209...The younger one is very very skilled and an even bigger scorer in the KHL...he is a LW....if hwe ever landed both of them we would need to spell one differently..

The one we are after now is with al bars and it is he ,not the younger one,who made the youtube splash with the "javelin throw" goal in a shoot-out ...

Fiddy, you're like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Well, kind of :). Good info. Thanks.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I believe he can only get an ELC right now since he is only 23. So cap space isn't the issue. He would have to buy out his contract in the KHL I think, since there is a transfer agreement.

Nah, he can't play in the NHL this season, so it's the next one. He'll be 24, so it's 1 year ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad