Rumor: Vladimir Tkachev fielding several NHL offers

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
They did but it was after the deadline of when they could. But that was like 5 years ago and my question is why didnt anyone else sign him?
They were not late. The issue was that he had spent part of the previous year in Russia and as such was not eligible to be signed as an undrafted player.

Reactions: voxel

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
While the Oilers managment had its flaws this issue was a very obscure rule that would have been extremely easy to over look.

I agree. It is like the Marino thing. Posters mocked the oilers iignoring the fact he was about to walk away as a UFA. He was never going to sign due to the oilers d depth at the time. People just ignore that fact much like the guy I quoted who over looked the fact the oilers did sign him

Reactions: voxel

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I agree. It is like the Marino thing. Posters mocked the oilers iignoring the fact he was about to walk away as a UFA. He was never going to sign due to the oilers d depth at the time. People just ignore that fact much like the guy I quoted who over looked the fact the oilers did sign him

You overlooked it yourself, get off your high horse.

Kings are very happy with Tkachev's play and it's nice to finally sign a Russian free agent that might actually work out for once.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Tkachev-Vilardi-Kaliyev should of united and tried as a PP unit, but we got a clueless couch that keeps feeding the old vets ice time even in pre-season.

The veterans have been indoctrinated into McLellan hockey. The players who are doing creative things and making things happen are the younger and newer players, unsurprisingly. I worry about guys like Tkachev and the kids eventually falling in line with McLellan's system and losing their creativity, but here's hoping that we'll be able to enjoy them a bit before that happens.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Unfortunately it was the forced and fake D depth of Matt f***in Benning that probably made him feel like there was no spot for him to take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad