Blue Jays Discussion: Vladdy named ASG MVP. Draft Over. Now all that's left is the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
223407876_4858699067479387_4189971238535435932_n.jpg

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
We may have had issues signing Buchnevich long term, but I still would have made the deal and figured it out. Our 3rd line would be a mess again though. Might be anyways...

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
We may have had issues signing Buchnevich long term, but I still would have made the deal and figured it out. Our 3rd line would be a mess again though. Might be anyways...

Buch is great, but the 3rd line is more of an off-season fix. I'd say going for a starter like Sherzer should be more what we're looking for at this stage in the season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Cycling back to some of the stuff from earlier in the week, this is grim

What about their rank in the league for those numbers for innings 7+. I think that around baseball starting pitching is a mess, while back of the bullpen arms are really strong. Would be interesting to see other team's numbers as well.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Those are some ugly numbers when it matters most. Not enough clutch hitting as one poster would say

Home run happy teams tend to get shut down by backend bullpen strikeout monsters.

Still better than the clutch pitching.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Those are some ugly numbers when it matters most. Not enough clutch hitting as one poster would say

Those numbers are meaningless without context. What does the rest of the league look like with that same division of situations? For all we know every team's numbers (or at least most of them, excepting some wonky randos that buck the trend) go down in the late innings because they're facing more powerful/better relievers most of the time.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Those numbers are meaningless without context. What does the rest of the league look like with that same division of situations? For all we know every team's numbers (or at least most of them, excepting some wonky randos that buck the trend) go down in the late innings because they're facing more powerful/better relievers most of the time.
Very good points. They stop seeing the same pitcher and face different looks. I would be interested to see the league wide stats

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I hope we don’t do much at the deadline. Any big move should wait until the off season. This team stinks against good teams which is a sign it’s not ready to compete with the big boys yet. Look for another Robbie ray buy low candidate.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i just dont see it this year unless we go ham in august or september, i say reload in the offseason. im not sold. its our pattern this year and it doesnt look to be changing, win 4 lose 3, win 3 lose 4 etc etc. jest cant get over the hump.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Heh. Usually takes longer than this for me to be vindicated.

So...what are the Guardians guarding?

Last edited:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Jays odds to make the playoffs dropped 4% with that loss now down to 25.5%

These next 6 games before the deadline are pretty important. If they dont go well, you could actually make an argument that dealing Semein could make sense before he walks in FA.

Will be very interesting to see what direction management takes.

Last edited:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Jays odds to make the playoffs dropped 4% with that loss now down to 25.5%

These next 6 games before the deadline are pretty important. If they dont go well, you could actually make an argument that dealing Semein could make sense before he walks in FA.

Will be very interesting to see what direction management takes.

If it comes to that, I would be ok holding onto him (and Ray) if they think there's a chance of working out an extension. They always have the QO in their back pocket if they can't get a deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad