Blue Jays Discussion: Vladdy named ASG MVP. Draft Over. Now all that's left is the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I think the only option now to not possibly off the young players and still make a push, albeit unlikely, is to keep everyone, add one more bullpen piece with control for 2+ years and then give Semien and Ray QO and take the compensation picks if they leave. We get decent pick if they leave. In case of Ray and Semien, it might not be much worse value than deadline trade value either.

I think both guys like Toronto. Ray choose to come back since Pete seemed to rebuild him and not sure on Semien.

Bur with a QO attached, teams may also be willing to spend less on them knowing they lose a pick as well, which could reduce their market value slightly and make them easier to retain.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Of course, can try to find a young controllable starter too, but that market seems non existent right now if Twins won't deal Berrios. Seems like Scherzer will cost too much as a veteran option too.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Jays odds to make the playoffs dropped 4% with that loss now down to 25.5%

These next 6 games before the deadline are pretty important. If they dont go well, you could actually make an argument that dealing Semein could make sense before he walks in FA.

Will be very interesting to see what direction management takes.

Only trade Semien if you get more than QO value

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

I'd do it if the cost was reasonable and extension was 2 years, similar to Lance Lynn.

Ryu, Scherzer, Ray, Manoah? Try to add one more younger piece with Stripling if injuries occur?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

I'd do it if the cost was reasonable and extension was 2 years, similar to Lance Lynn.

Ryu, Scherzer, Ray, Manoah? Try to add one more younger piece with Stripling if injuries occur?

I think you meant to share the Scherzer tweet.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
I wouldn't mind seeing the Jays trading some of our many, MANY infield prospects for equivalent ranked outfield or pitching prospects. Gotta be someone out there in need of infield depth with a dearth of outfield depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad