OT: VL4ever - The Vinny Lecavalier Thread

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
From the article I linked above:

Regarding retirement:
No chance, said Lecavalier. He gave his word to the Kings, and in his heart and mind he's ready to go out after this season. After all, the trade wouldn't have happened otherwise.

"I made that decision," he said. "It gave me a chance to play. In Philadelphia, I probably would not have played another game. I've had two tough years. Just to be able to get a chance to play, and be part of something, being with a good team, for me it's a no-brainer. And at the same time, I think I'll be ready for [retirement], mentally."

Regarding post-hockey life:
His post-hockey life will mean being back in Tampa full-time with his wife and three kids, all under age 6. Sounds pretty darn good [...]

You can bet he'll be back with the org in some capacity!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
From the article I linked above:

Regarding retirement:

Regarding post-hockey life:

You can bet he'll be back with the org in some capacity!

My thoughts as well. If he wants to, Yzerman will have a spot for him. And I am confident that there are no ill feelings, as I think, VL4 understood the reason for it and SY and VL can still look each other in the face.
At least I hope it is that way and he comes back where it all began. :yo:

Last edited:

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Might thoughts as well. If he wants to, Yzerman will have a spot for him. And I am confident that there are no ill feelings, as I think, VL4 understood the reason for it and SY and VL can still look each other in the face.

Yup, Retire his number then offer him a job. Always pictured him as a GM at some point. Could see Yzerman grooming him to be one.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Love seeing him happy!! Watch their last two games on NBCSN just to watch him and he's motivated. His skating is still steps behind everyone but his positioning and hands have never left him. Kings are a perfect fit cause they aren't fast but huge. Really happy for Vinny!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
My thoughts as well. If he wants to, Yzerman will have a spot for him. And I am confident that there are no ill feelings, as I think, VL4 understood the reason for it and SY and VL can still look each other in the face.

As long as he uuuuhhh... doesn't uuuh... become uuhh... some kinda-uhhh... y'know uuuhhhh... sportscaster.

TBH I could see him become a good PP coach or something like that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He's having fun again, Kings are playing good hockey too so he'll see some playoffs and brings playoff experience. According to the NHL the last 6 years its L.A's turn to win again juggling back and fourth with CHI since 2012

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
A Kings fan ran into Vinny and Luke Schenn the other night and they talked to him for 10 minutes. The Kings fan said they were the nicest guys.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
One of the above referenced articles indicates that Vinny plans on moving back to Tampa after this season.

Did Vinny say this, or is this wishful thinking?

The reason I say this is because his house is still being listed for sale on his real estate broker's website as of today.

The TB Times wrote a story about this last year:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...is-davis-islands-house-for-45-million/2222629

Maybe he just doesn't want to live on Davis Island any more. He's got kids that need to go to school and stuff now. Traffic to and from there can be a hassle as well.

A Kings fan ran into Vinny and Luke Schenn the other night and they talked to him for 10 minutes. The Kings fan said they were the nicest guys.

That's great to hear. Certainly the reputation he's always had. :)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It'd be nice to see Vinny stay in the league long enough to hit 1000 points.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
One of the above referenced articles indicates that Vinny plans on moving back to Tampa after this season.

Did Vinny say this, or is this wishful thinking?

The reason I say this is because his house is still being listed for sale on his real estate broker's website as of today.

The TB Times wrote a story about this last year:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...is-davis-islands-house-for-45-million/2222629

More than likely despite what house or houses he has on sale. You have to imagine he will retire as a member of the Lightning first and go from there. He's got no business in Philadelphia any longer and LA is temporary unless he plans to change his mind. Logically I think he either buys a house in Canada and keeps quiet to himself or he moves back here and keeps quiet. The guy spent almost half his life here. I'm not sure if we're going to make him some kind of part of the Lightning organization and he does local work with guys like Dingman and Andreychuk.

The only certain thing I have is he will have his number retired in the next few years and a very likely sign a one day contract.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
More than likely despite what house or houses he has on sale. You have to imagine he will retire as a member of the Lightning first and go from there. He's got no business in Philadelphia any longer and LA is temporary unless he plans to change his mind. Logically I think he either buys a house in Canada and keeps quiet to himself or he moves back here and keeps quiet. The guy spent almost half his life here. I'm not sure if we're going to make him some kind of part of the Lightning organization and he does local work with guys like Dingman and Andreychuk.

The only certain thing I have is he will have his number retired in the next few years and a very likely sign a one day contract.

He probably wants to re-establish Florida residency for tax purposes. Especially since he can avoid state income tax on each yearly check through 2026 he receives from Vinik from his buyout.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Yup, Retire his number then offer him a job. Always pictured him as a GM at some point. Could see Yzerman grooming him to be one.

VL4 as GM? That would be far, far too perfect...

As long as he uuuuhhh... doesn't uuuh... become uuhh... some kinda-uhhh... y'know uuuhhhh... sportscaster.

TBH I could see him become a good PP coach or something like that.

Honestly, with his skill on the PP that could work out if he put some effort / thought into it. He certainly has a viewpoint most coaches don't being in the league so recently.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

What does he need a job for OK hockey made sure vinik has to pay him for like 10 more years like 2.3 million per year lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad