Injury Report: Visnovsky

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Im very concerned about him having a concussion again. I do think Leddy can play the minutes Vis was playing. I haven't been paying attention to Reinhert or Pulock but Stait looked decent. Harmonic looked uncomfortable too, let hope both injuries are minor.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Who the heck is Reinhert,Stait, and Harmonic?

:laugh: I'm a horrible speller myself, and I always have to look up the spelling of names bc i butcher them all the time.

I tend to agree tho; Visnovsky's presence in the lineup is one of the reasons why the team has been as good as it's been. When you throw in guys whose weaknesses get exposed from playing too many minutes you run into trouble, and losing him and boychuk for any extended period isn't an ideal situation.

Hopefully its nothing serious.

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009
Im very concerned about him having a concussion again. I do think Leddy can play the minutes Vis was playing. I haven't been paying attention to Reinhert or Pulock but Stait looked decent. Harmonic looked uncomfortable too, let hope both injuries are minor.

Looked like an arm injury when he came off the ice. Did something come out about it being a head injury?

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
lol my spelling was brutal. Totally not intentional. I don't know where he got injured but the caps were hitting hard. If its not a concussion I will definitely be relieved. I hate to be negative but he is possibly one serious concussion away from his career being over, never mind this season.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I think we can all agree it was a matter of when, not if, Viz was going to miss some games. That being said, if it is an arm injury, that is not as bad as another concussion. Hopefully Griff is picking things up in BP and could come back up and perform better in 3 pairing minutes or Donovan can just focus on defense and pull a CdH. I'm sure the coaching staff will look to Strait :)help:) first, Just gotta hope Johnny B and Hammer are not too dinged up and we are only down a 5 or 6D.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
I think we can all agree it was a matter of when, not if, Viz was going to miss some games. That being said, if it is an arm injury, that is not as bad as another concussion. Hopefully Griff is picking things up in BP and could come back up and perform better in 3 pairing minutes or Donovan can just focus on defense and pull a CdH. I'm sure the coaching staff will look to Strait :)help:) first, Just gotta hope Johnny B and Hammer are not too dinged up and we are only down a 5 or 6D.

I heard Griff got hurt in Bridgeport tonight so he's most likely not being called up. I wonder how Pulock is doing. Just the thought of relying on Donovan and Strait is scary.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
I heard Griff got hurt in Bridgeport tonight so he's most likely not being called up. I wonder how Pulock is doing. Just the thought of relying on Donovan and Strait is scary.

griff got hurt again??? as for call-ups, pulock would make the most sense to fill in for lubo since they both play the right sie are both puck movers. but from a purely defensive aspect, i'm not so sure this would be better than just going with donovan and strait. it doesn't seem like donovan is comfortable playing the right side so if pulock were to be called up, it would likely be him and donovan which kinda scares me more than donovan and strait. then again, tomorrow's game against the devils who are likely to be without 2 of their best offensive threats tomorrow night might be the best time for a "trial run".

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

About 2 weeks ago I read a Thompson comment. He was throwing huge props at Pulock, favorably comparing his game to Drew Doughty(sp) of the Kings.

scott99

May 13, 2005
About 2 weeks ago I read a Thompson comment. He was throwing huge props at Pulock, favorably comparing his game to Drew Doughty(sp) of the Kings.

Yeah, and in 3 games Pulock went from +5 to +0, he would probably be a defensive liability at this point, though honestly, can he be any worse than Donovan ?

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I'm pretty sure its an arm. At a scrum in front of Johnson he fell with all his weight on his arm and got up holding it with a look of pain on his face.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yeah, and in 3 games Pulock went from +5 to +0, he would probably be a defensive liability at this point, though honestly, can he be any worse than Donovan ?

I am looking for any Bridgeport call up to be a short term addition, here only until Lubo comes back.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I'm pretty sure its an arm. At a scrum in front of Johnson he fell with all his weight on his arm and got up holding it with a look of pain on his face.

A freak fall accident. "i've fallen and I can't get up".

As long as nothing is broken or is a concussion (doubtful) then it will not be too long until he returns. More worried about Boych.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Visnovsky really needs to retire before he causes permanent injury to himself. I like the guy on the team and all.....but seriously.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I am looking for any Bridgeport call up to be a short term addition, here only until Lubo comes back.

I'm ok with Donovan getting shot a for a little while, if they need a guy from AHL i think it could be the Churchman first up(older prospect who had a few games last year)

Marlo Stanfield

My Name Is My Name
Jun 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
“@NYIslanders: Capuano: Halak in goal. Visnovsky and Boychuk are out with upper body injuries (day-to-day). Donovan replaces Visnovsky. #Islesâ€

Add Boychuk to the 'out' list tonight as well

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I don't pay much attention to +/- at all, especially in the AHL. For all we know, Pulock could be getting top minutes against other teams top lines.

If Vis (or Boychuk) is out long term, I think the team activates Grabner off the IR before bringing up a guy from the AHL.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing one of the AHL guys up.

I might mind it if they get burned, but I don't mind it right now. :D

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Basically.

Let's no fool ourselves. Before the season, we all said we would be happy if we got 40-60 games out of Vis, and we should still be in that mindset.

I know it's tough because of this current success we are having and how much a part of it Vis is, but he's fragile at this point of his career.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Was I the only one that thought Donovan didn't do too horribly last game? Perhaps I'm a bit jaded based on his performance from last year, but there was a definite improvement.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Im not the biggest Donovan fan but he has been with the team all season so thats a positive. Only drawback is that he might be asked to play some minutes that he's not used to.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Was I the only one that thought Donovan didn't do too horribly last game? Perhaps I'm a bit jaded based on his performance from last year, but there was a definite improvement.

i thought he played ok. as long as he keeps it simple, and minimizes his trips over his own feet, he will do ok on the 3rd pair. i think he is actually a bit tougher in front of our own net, than Hickey or Vis.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

I thought Donovan was okay. No complaints about his game Monday. He came in cold on short notice and played an error-free game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad