OT: Visiting Toronto

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Greetings fellow large market comrades! (ranger fan).

I will be visiting Toronto for my birthday over the weekend of March 13th-15th.

I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on what things I should check out when I'm in town.

Sadly, the Leafs aren't home, so catching a game is out. I will be visiting the HOF, but after that, There are not many plans.

Thanks guys!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ripley's Aquarium right by the Rogers Centre
CN Tower
ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
Bier Markt (On the Esplanade)

There's plenty of others but those are the 4 that came to my mind instantly.

If you like basketball, try catching a Raptors game, atmosphere is insane. Much different than a Leafs game.

If you want to discover Toronto outside the downtown core, I'd recommend the beaches or the Danforth. Some great places to eat.

Last edited:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
St. Lawrence Market for lunch (back bacon sandwich!)
Distillery District.
Marlies might be in town? You could watch Nylander live.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
If you're here anyways, check out niagara falls and clifton hill. If you've ever been to the american side, you'll see a world of a difference.

In general, CN Tower, ROM, St.Lawrence market, maybe a raps game, there's always festivals or events going on downtown. Just walking around is pretty fun.

Last edited:

buttman*

I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on what things I should check out when I'm in town.

Sadly, the Leafs aren't home, so catching a game is out. I will be visiting the HOF, but after that, There are not many plans.

Thanks guys!

HOF is downtown so you are gonna want to plan some activities around the area. I suggest the aquarium and CN Tower if you haven't been.

Raptors are at home 13th and 15th. Rock are at the ACC on the 14th.

The ACC, Ripley's Aquarium and CN Tower are all right next to each other so you could do them all in the same day. Real Sports is also on the same block more or less and is the largest sports bar in the world. It's all right there at Union Station so easy access.

You can go skating at Nathan Phillips Square it will be open until mid-march weather permitting.

Most of the festivals are in the summer but the St. Lawrence Market and Distillery District can be interesting if you like food.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/

Lots of great restaurants in Toronto depending on your tastes and budget. I suggest you plan this -- it can make your trip 10 times better having a few good meals. If you like Greek head up to the Danforth. It's on the subway line.

There's also lots of theatre and concerts.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Guide-g155019-l171-Toronto_Ontario.html

Last edited by a moderator:

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
I do love these threads

You have to try Remington's, and make your way east to the historic centre of scarborough, possibly go to where a lot of change is happening in Rexdale. Possibly even drive to the illustrious Jane and Finch!

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Toronto is a much livelier place in the summers compared to the winter, so March is unfortunately not primetime to be visiting.

A Saturday afternoon Jays game in June/July/August is a wonderful thing. Taking a stroll through Kensington Market, spending an afternoon on Toronto Island, checking out a major festival like Pride, TIFF, Taste of the Danforth, etc are all a ton of fun as well. But those are almost all summer things, or are better in the summer.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You could also go to see the Pandas at the Toronto Zoo! :amazed:

Better than seeing the Phaneuf, and his fellow monkeys, playing hockey at the ACC! :D

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I've always enjoyed the distillery district, has a nice vibe to it. Although if you aren't a drinker, it may not be your cup of tea. There's also the typical CN tower,bus tours,ROM,Ripleys etc tourist attractions. Really depends on how you like to travel. Whenever I travel I can't stand the tourist traps, I wanna experience the culture and the food of the city/country.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Check out the SteamWhistle distillery, great time for very little. Plenty of free beer if you're cool to your guide

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
As someone who visits Toronto often, I can recommend all the usual stuff

CN Tower, HHOF, the ROM, Ripleys aquarium wasn't open the last time I went but it looked pretty good

Also agree about the Raptors game, I'm not into Basketball generally but I caught a Raps- Bulls game and it was a good laugh

There's some good shopping in TO also if that's your thing

There's Canada's wonderland but I don't think that'll be open in March

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I've always enjoyed the distillery district, has a nice vibe to it. Although if you aren't a drinker, it may not be your cup of tea. There's also the typical CN tower,bus tours,ROM,Ripleys etc tourist attractions. Really depends on how you like to travel. Whenever I travel I can't stand the tourist traps, I wanna experience the culture and the food of the city/country.

I'm going with my girlfriend, and yes we are both drinkers. The distillery district sounds like its right up our alley.

Id like to do some of the touristy things but when it comes down to it, the culture and the food of the city are more important.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Sadly, the Leafs aren't home, so catching a game is out.
I will be visiting the HOF, but after that, There are not many plans.

Thanks guys!

Lucky break for you. ;) If the Marlies are in town, go see Nylander play. The distillery is a cool place as others have said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad