OT: Visiting Markham/Ontario/TO

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal

Aug 8, 2006
Hi Toronto fans,

I'm located in the Boston area and I'm planning on visiting Markham at the end of March for the Clarkson Cup Series.

http://cwhl.ca/view/cwhl/news/news_63252

Just wanted to ask around and see if anyone could offer any helpful advice on the following...

- Is $275 a good price for a round trip plane ticket? Seems to be the cheapest I can find. Canada Air.

- What's the best way to get around Ontario? I'm 24, can I rent a car in Canada? I think in the US you have to be at least 25.

- Any recommendations for inexpensive places to stay? Think super low* budget travelling.

- What else is there to see/do in the Markham area? Or do I want to be looking at TO?

- Anyone else going?! I'd love to meet up with other CWHL fans.

Think this is all for now.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
Hi Toronto fans,

I'm located in the Boston area and I'm planning on visiting Markham at the end of March for the Clarkson Cup Series.

Just wanted to ask around and see if anyone could offer any helpful advice on the following...

- Is $275 a good price for a round trip plane ticket? Seems to be the cheapest I can find. Canada Air.

- What's the best way to get around Ontario? I'm 24, can I rent a car in Canada? I think in the US you have to be at least 25.

- Any recommendations for inexpensive places to stay? Think super high budget travelling.

- What else is there to see/do in the Markham area? Or do I want to be looking at TO?

Thanks everyone!

I'd say $275 is a reasonable price, I know Porter has decent prices on tickets from Boston to Toronto so you might wanna check that out as well. Not too familiar about renting cars, but I've had a friend tell me you need to be 21. In regards to places to stay, you'd probably be better off just outside of Toronto rather than in the city itself if you're on a tight budget. Definitely look at Toronto rather than Markham lol

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hi Toronto fans,

- Any recommendations for inexpensive places to stay? Think super high budget travelling.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, but during the Hockey season HF prefers these types of OT threads be kept to a minimal.

Perhaps those interested can PM you directly with answers as I will close the thread on the Leafs board, but leave your original post for all to see and responds if they so desire.

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad