OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
going to beantown in july is the new Wegmans a place to check out
The one in Natick?

I’ve heard that it’s a bit overwhelming but that’s it.

You’re next to the mall and a ton of other stores and restaurants so if you find it to be so so, you have a lot of options.

Keep in mind, Natick isn’t close to Boston and there’s no public transportation to get there.

Never been to the one in Burlington or Medford.

The Chestnut Hill one is small, crowded and nothing special

The one in Westwood is larger, has a better wine/beer section and is next to a large Target store and Marshall’s/Homegoods.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
The one in Natick?

I’ve heard that it’s a bit overwhelming but that’s it.

You’re next to the mall and a ton of other stores and restaurants so if you find it to be so so, you have a lot of options.

Keep in mind, Natick isn’t close to Boston and there’s no public transportation to get there.

Never been to the one in Burlington or Medford.

The Chestnut Hill one is small, crowded and nothing special

The one in Westwood is larger, has a better wine/beer section and is next to a large Target store and Marshall’s/Homegoods.
thanks again Cat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
can I see TD Garden in the summer

Sure. The first floor is a commuter rail train station that operates year round, as does the Pro Shop, and there is a Sports Museum on the premises. In the off-season, the Museum Tour take you to places that aren't on the tour during the regular season, including the visiting locker room and the marshaling area.

Visiting The Museum - The Sports Museum

Reactions: BiGBear8

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Visiting Boston on July 15 for red Sox/Jay's game. Any good places for beer/eats before or after the game close to Fenway? I hear Fenway is brutally expensive for beer so trying to avoid drinking to many at the game haha!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Visiting Boston on July 15 for red Sox/Jay's game. Any good places for beer/eats before or after the game close to Fenway? I hear Fenway is brutally expensive for beer so trying to avoid drinking to many at the game haha!
I like Yardhouse as it is close to Fenway but still far enough down Brookline Ave that the lines are manageable.

They have great beers and wine and I love their burgers.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Pizzeria UNOs, a chain in Kenmore Square, corner of Brookline Ave. and Commonwealth, is reliable and has a variable menu. I've never had a problem getting a seat there for RS games.

They will even serve Habs fans. ;)

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Pizzeria UNOs, a chain in Kenmore Square, corner of Brookline Ave. and Commonwealth, is reliable and has a variable menu. I've never had a problem getting a seat there for RS games.

They will even serve Habs fans. ;)
One of the better sampler platters around.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

I go to island creek oyster bar before i go to the game. I sometimes go to bar Louie after the game. The lobster roll at eventide by Fenway is awesome.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
were staying at the Bostonian Hotel are we close to The TD Garden and ball field.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
were staying at the Bostonian Hotel are we close to The TD Garden and ball field.

Not really. TD Garden is about a mile, not bad to walk on a nice day, and Fenway is about 3-4 miles. Now Boston is a small city, but getting around by car is difficult on the old cow path roads, so those 3-4 miles are a 15-20 minute drive on a good day. Then you have to find a place to park.

Probably better to find the nearest T station and ride that. Haymarket station is about 0.2 mile away, Take a North Station/Lechmere train to TD Garden, and any train south (except the E) for Kenmore station and a short walk to the park through Kenmore Square.

Or there is always Uber.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Oh and just a hint: Don't be fooled by Fenway station. It is actually farther from the park than Kenmore, and it requires you to take a D Line train. For Kenmore, you can get on any inbound train (B,C,D), except the E.

Edit: I forgot E trains do not go to Kenmore. And I rode the E train for 4 years at Northeastern, lol.

Anyway, here's a map:

https://cdn.mbta.com/sites/default/files/maps/2018-04-map-rapid-transit-key-bus-v31a.pdf

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Oh and just a hint: Don't be fooled by Fenway station. It is actually farther from the park than Kenmore, and it requires you to take a D Line train. For Kenmore, you can get on any inbound train (B,C,D), except the E.

Edit: I forgot E trains do not go to Kenmore. And I rode the E train for 4 years at Northeastern, lol.

Anyway, here's a map:

https://cdn.mbta.com/sites/default/files/maps/2018-04-map-rapid-transit-key-bus-v31a.pdf
The E line never went to Kenmore

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The E line never went to Kenmore
No-E-Train-Sign.jpg

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bride and I took the Hop on/Hop off Tour thing (Can`t recall what it`s called), it was great, I`m typically not into doing touristy things however, if there is one thing I have never really done in all my trips to Boston it`s take a tour, take in the history of the city and we found this to be a great way to do so. Loads of stops around the city so your never far from a stop when you hop off, there`s a stop right at Fenway so you can jump off there too

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The E line is awful but the 39bus from Brigham Circle to Forest Hills is absolute hell and should be avoided at all cost

Standing all the way down the Park St. platform waiting for the rare appearance of an E line train is not a fond memory from my college days.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
B, C, D, E lines are all awful. Every line should eliminate 1/2 of their stops. And even then, still probably would stink. Takes 45 minutes to get from Washington st to park on the B line. And that’s like 2 miles. Moving to the red line was the smartest thing I’ve done. Savin hill to park is like 20 minutes and covers 3 times the ground.

T rant over

Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad