Confirmed Buy-Out Virtanen on unconditional Waivers [Cleared; bought out]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Lol wow this just keeps getting worse....

Come on Virtanen.. why don't you just get a trophy wife like the rest of the NHLers?

Clearly he needs to leasons from Jagr if he wants to live that single life..

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not even the Habs are that classless. Close, but I doubt it.
If rumours are true, that amount of numbers could lead to some serious trouble.
Kid could be closer to jail than a new contract

Jail for what ? If It’s consensual then there is really no case. What virtanen did as a junior and even now are thing lots of players do all the time.

to me it’s another “me too” type of thing. They want to cash out, and try to force him into a settlement to make this case go away. Same stuff happened to Patrick Kane, Kobe Bryant etc. Even in “Emily’s” original statement her friends said “oh you hooked up with a professional athlete” ti me it sounds like these group of girls are known to hook up with one night stand. Happens all the fricking time.

road players here often visit the Roxy for a quick fling.

now if Jake is guilty he needs to be charged, but it’s dman hard to prove.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Jail for what ? If It’s consensual then there is really no case. What virtanen did as a junior and even now are thing lots of players do all the time.

to me it’s another “me too” type of thing. They want to cash out, and try to force him into a settlement to make this case go away. Same stuff happened to Patrick Kane, Kobe Bryant etc. Even in “Emily’s” original statement her friends said “oh you hooked up with a professional athlete” ti me it sounds like these group of girls are known to hook up with one night stand. Happens all the fricking time.

You know a lot of people who get criminally investigated for consensual sex?
Great job with the victim blaming as well.

Allegedly multiple women have active police reports against Jake, and 7 other women have come forward.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

It's not too late to edit your post.
But... Especially the bolded part. Like, edit ASAP because that's some seriously dumb nonsense.
And if you think it makes sense, read again. Do so until you edit your post or simply delete it.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam

Also, what the hell are you talking about same thing happened with Kobe? Kobe was 100% guilty of rape and had to pay millions in out of court settlements.
That wasn’t some cash grab. That was an athlete raping a woman. It happens probably a lot more than we know.
Your whole post is super gross

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Also, what the hell are you talking about same thing happened with Kobe? Kobe was 100% guilty of rape and had to pay millions in out of court settlements.
That wasn’t some cash grab. That was an athlete raping a woman. It happens probably a lot more than we know.
Your whole post is super gross

gross about what ? It’s just an opinion. We also don’t know virtanens side of the story and we don’t even know who Emily is since it’s just an alias. We can’t jump to conclusions and just take one side. I like to hear both sides.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It is disgusting that there are people willing to attack the victims. This is why the perpetrators of assaults keep getting away, the victims are afraid of being publicly accused.

It is even more disgusting when there are still people willing to defend the accused perpetrator when multiple additional victims PRIVATELY went to the Police.

Allegedly some goes all the way back to Junior days, those victims are living this pain privately, but still decided to come out and support the one who stood up and exposed the perpetrator publicly.

Filing a false Police report accusing a crime of this magnitude is not something you can just sorry, I was just doing it cause I want money.

It takes absolute courage for someone willing to file a Police report, and doing it PRIVATELY absolutely proves their intent isn't for money or fame.

These victims reached out to a victims support group, then felt comfortable enough to be referred to the Police.

Do you think these support groups don't do their home work first? Do you not think people who deal with victims on a day by day basis can not identify those that are faking it ?

Those that are attacking the victims, just think, what if it was your family, your child, that was the victim.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Not surprised - this guy just doesn't get it............out partying being seen on IG without a mask during covid.

Apparently living it up in Kelowna in the summer partying like he's completely oblivious to the fact he's career very well may be over.

He's the Johnny Manzel of hockey (not as highly touted mind you).

Call a spade a spade - he's an idiot..........and one not likely to realize he's an idiot at that........

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

So, if a woman is sexually active or ever had a one night stand in her life, it's open season on her and whatever a guy does to her is a-ok?

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
This looks pretty bad. I'd like to know if any of this was rumored before the big story broke a few months back, or if it's all come to light since.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I didn’t even know about the allegations. I just knew he sucked as an NHL level hockey player. That alone didn’t have me shocked he wasn’t qualified.

However the allegations on top of that? Geez buddy. Better start looking for a nice place to live in Russia.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
gross about what ? It’s just an opinion. We also don’t know virtanens side of the story and we don’t even know who Emily is since it’s just an alias. We can’t jump to conclusions and just take one side. I like to hear both sides.

Dude, 7 women have come forward with allegations. He's obviously doing something fk'ed up weird you're choosing to die on this hill. Stop blaming the victims it's gross.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not surprised - this guy just doesn't get it............out partying being seen on IG without a mask during covid.

Apparently living it up in Kelowna in the summer partying like he's completely oblivious to the fact he's career very well may be over.

He's the Johnny Manzel of hockey (not as highly touted mind you).

Call a spade a spade - he's an idiot..........and one not likely to realize he's an idiot at that........

Yep. My girlfriend was actually neighbours with him growing up (yeah it's one of "those" claims, but it's true). Went to the same school. Said he was always a s***head growing up. So it's not that surprising these allegations are out there. Seems like that kind of guy.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
81AZAxy.jpeg

Feb 19, 2018
Isn’t Leipsec playing in Russia? Be funny if they played on the same team over there.
#worstcrewever
Guess they really were lol

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
A long time ago I learned that all pro sports teams have to relatively regularly deal with allegations of all sorts from athletes…. They usually have a few private investigators and fixers on retainer so they usually know when to hold onto a guy cause he is getting unfairly accused and when to cut bait with the dude cause he is a problem
Yeah, sure, its absolutely true that some guys get shook down by people looking for payouts… but some of the players are trash and did do what they were accused of… teams don’t just assume guilt…. For every one story that gets out there are probably a dozen across the league that don’t… for a team to use a buyout it’s probably pretty bad…….

Reactions: Bronson

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
It is disgusting that there are people willing to attack the victims. This is why the perpetrators of assaults keep getting away, the victims are afraid of being publicly accused.

It is even more disgusting when there are still people willing to defend the accused perpetrator when multiple additional victims PRIVATELY went to the Police.

Allegedly some goes all the way back to Junior days, those victims are living this pain privately, but still decided to come out and support the one who stood up and exposed the perpetrator publicly.

Filing a false Police report accusing a crime of this magnitude is not something you can just sorry, I was just doing it cause I want money.

It takes absolute courage for someone willing to file a Police report, and doing it PRIVATELY absolutely proves their intent isn't for money or fame.

These victims reached out to a victims support group, then felt comfortable enough to be referred to the Police.

Do you think these support groups don't do their home work first? Do you not think people who deal with victims on a day by day basis can not identify those that are faking it ?

Those that are attacking the victims, just think, what if it was your family, your child, that was the victim.

This post needs to be pinned to the first page on this silly thread. Thank you for saying this.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam

I truly hope you never have a daughter. Not only because you’d obviously be pretty terrible at it, but because it seems if something horrible happened to her, you would defend the guy instead.
After reading your posts on the matter, you obviously just don’t get it.

Jake isn’t the victim here.
At least 7 women have come forward about this.
Reporting privately doesnt mean she has something to hide. It means she isnt looking for attention, just justice.

There are no conclusions being jumped to here… 7 women have come forward. There is obviously a lot of truth in how Jake is being painted here.

Your posts are gross because your automatic dismissal of the women’s claims and go straight to defending a kid with 7 women claiming misconduct against him.
What year are you living in? People are getting away with rape and abuse because there are still too many people like you who dismiss each claim before even asking any questions.

You got something to hide? Don’t like due diligence being performed?
Rape sympathizer?
Or just a super Jake fanboi?

Either way…. Time to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad