Injury Report: Vincent Trocheck 11/19/2018, clean ankle break with no ligament damage, expected return mid February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach Reptile

Jan 17, 2018

Update on Vinny. Doesn’t sound very good. If I was a betting man, I’d wager he’s out for the season

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Holy crap guys that was ugly. I so hope he recovers and can come back to the game at some point. All the best to him.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
man.... this sucks... Vinny has a ton of heart. If anyone can come back from something like this its him. Even if he loses a slight gear he would still be a great winger with his shot and skills.. Don't count vinny out.

Call up borg and hand him line 2. Vinny comes back put him on that line. magic.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I came in here to read the latest on Trocheck's injury, but when I read this I had to post something...

My sister-in law went through the exact same procedure at the Ottawa Hospital a couple of years ago. Before the procedure she was confined to a wheelchair full-time and was given not much longer to live given the aggressiveness of the MS. Long story short, the procedure worked for her. The MS has not only stopped progressing, but she can now walk a little bit and the doctors suspect she will have a long life ahead of her.

Stay positive. The doctors you are dealing with are amazing and I truly feel that it is only a matter of time before what they are doing can officially be called a cure for MS.

That's so good to hear. I've heard a couple stories I know people who had the procedure a couple years ago, and all are very positive. I have full trust in the doctors here and know I'm in good hands.

I wish your sister all the best in her still long road recovery I'm sure. I'm sure she know she's one of the lucky ones chosen for this procedure like myself.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I have MS, and it's got progressively worse over the last five years. The bone marrow transplant is a new procedure they've developed here where they take your own stem cells, get rid of the bad Ms stem cells, grow the good ones and then put them back in your body. Before they can do that though they have to 100% wipe out my immune system with chemo. They think because of my age, 32, & the fact that I'm still walking and I never gave that up yet, and MS considering I'm healthy that I'll have good results. They've found 80% chance I'll stop progression, and 40% chance I'll start to get back to normal. And if I'm being honest there's a 3% chance I could die, but I don't like to think of that.
A week today I start Phase 2, which is the chemo part. So there in lies majority of the risk.

So I'll ask if you guys can think about me this next little while as it will be tough times for me.

All the best and stay positive. You're a panther fan so you know all about perseverance through tough times, you got this!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'm in Ottawa, unable to go to the game tonight because I'm doing a bone marrow transplant and cannot afford to get sick right now.
Almost daily at the main hospital in Ottawa, so I'm going to ask tomorrow if anyone knew of him coming to the hospital and anything about the injury. You never know.
Shit dude. This whole thread is the f***ing worst ever. Much love and respect and well wishes on yer fight, let it be known when you come back to South FL for a visit (soon!) homes

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Im thinking with them going with surgery today, Trocheck tore either his MCL, ACL, or both. They saw something over the last 12 hours which required immediate surgery, which tends to suggest a tear of some sort. MCL/ACL tears are usually dealt with quickly because the longer you wait, the harder it is to operate, since the ligament tends to shorten/shrink.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Some idiot ass Edmonton Oiler podcast guy tweeted out some insanely dumb shit. Petro's brother called him out asking to meet up in Edmonton for him to repeat it. For once, his brother is doing something I like.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
**** dude. This whole thread is the ****ing worst ever. Much love and respect and well wishes on yer fight, let it be known when you come back to South FL for a visit (soon!) homes

I haven't been back since we met up before that Rangers? game Xmas break '16 I believe. I always go and watch in Detroit, as I'm only hour+ away.

I'll be sure to let it be known when I'm there next. Hope all's well with you and your family brother.

Im thinking with them going with surgery today, Trocheck tore either his MCL, ACL, or both. They saw something over the last 12 hours which required immediate surgery, which tends to suggest a tear of some sort. MCL/ACL tears are usually dealt with quickly because the longer you wait, the harder it is to operate, since the ligament tends to shorten/shrink.

I wondering if he didn't injure his PCL. Last year I sprained mine by falling straight backwards, and my leg kind of bent similar to what I saw last night.

Just a thought , I'm no doctor

Reactions: CHGoalie27

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Great summary.

Option 1 (Borgstrom to line 2) has the highest upside as far as our season goes; I'm just not sure Borgstrom is ready and we absolutely can't afford to mess up his developement, especially not now when we don't know what the future is with Trocheck. Then again Bjugstad and Huberdeau should be good enough to shelter him somewhat so who knows, maybe it would work?

I wouldn't hate trying Bjugstad back at C next to Huberdeau but then you need to put someone on his wing.

If it's not Borgstrom called up it might also be Greco. He's been another guy fighting for a spot in training camp, he's been pretty decent in Springfield the past two years and he's 25 with less upside so the risk of "hurting his developement" is pretty much nonexistent. I don't really see the point in calling up Malgin - right now, he isn't going to make a difference and some time in Springfield could really help him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beezeral
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad