Vilardi out with an enlarged spleen - update: dude recovered playing March 30

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Is this a joke?? Male pattern baldness has absolutely nothing to do with long term health or durability
I understand your sentiments, especially belonging to that exclusive club. I didn't mean to offend bald people, and if I did, my apologies, but with Villardi, its just "one of the many things" going wrong with him. Listen, I'm fully aware Bobby Hull wore a wig ( some don't know that) and Mark Messier was bald as well, and both very strong players who were strong and sturdy, with long careers, and great hall of fame hockey players. Then of course there's Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player of all time, and he sports a shiny head. So my comment should not be taken out of context, as I certainly didn't intend to disparage balding men, or those thin on the top, as I have a lot of great friends like that.

Bald is beautiful. :nod: Peace my friends.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hockeyarena

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I understand your sentiments, especially belonging to that exclusive club. I didn't mean to offend bald people, and if I did, my apologies, but with Villardi, its just "one of the many things" going wrong with him. Listen, I'm fully aware Bobby Hull wore a wig ( some don't know that) and Mark Messier was bald as well, and both very strong players who were strong and sturdy, with long careers, and great hall of fame hockey players. Then of course there's Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player of all time, and he sports a shiny head. So my comment should not be taken out of context, as I certainly didn't intend to disparage balding men, or those thin on the top, as I have a lot of great friends like that.

Bald is beautiful. :nod: Peace my friends.
Well, baldness is commonly associated with high testosterone which helps build muscle and makes you manly so maybe his baldmess is a plus not a minus :)

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think someone took my joke that Vilardi looks older than he is and ran with it for some reason

Reactions: GNP

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jesus there are some wild assumptions here.

It's an absurd post. I started balding at 16 and at 36 I've never broken a bone in my life despite the fact that I should have several times. I've never had a serious injury. I've worked in several physically demanding fields with high injury rates and never had any issues. Conflating baldness with durability may be one of the stupidest things I've seen on these boards.
You better go get your spleen checked! :laugh:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It doesn't take that long for it to go back to normal size. Speaking from first hand experience.

Still he's been out an awful long time and it may take him a week or two to get back up to speed.
The good news is that his "speed" isn't very high so it shouldn't take as long for him to get there lol

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
now we know why Bowness was in the hospital :sarcasm:

but for real- great new on vilardi

• Haha
Reactions: SLAYER

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Only 38 games played this season. I feel for Gabe, he seems like a very likable teammate and he’s a really good hockey player but so far in his career he does not have the durability necessary for the rigors of long NHL seasons. He enters the final year of his contract next season and the Jets will be left with a tough decision at some point.

Hope he can make it to the playoffs and help out.

Reactions: Buffdog and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Only 38 games played this season. I feel for Gabe, he seems like a very likable teammate and he’s a really good hockey player but so far in his career he does not have the durability necessary for the rigors of long NHL seasons. He enters the final year of his contract next season and the Jets will be left with a tough decision at some point.

Hope he can make it to the playoffs and help out.

I hope he can stay healthy next season.

Reactions: Buffdog

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I hope he can stay healthy next season.

His healthiest season was last year in LA and even then he missed 19 regular season games. Would love to be proven wrong but I think anything around 60 games is a win.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad