Vilardi out with an enlarged spleen - update: dude recovered playing March 30

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Thanks really bad for Villardi

and also for the JETS,
Jets attack are much better with him in the line up.

Will he be back for the playoffs? Or slim chance?

Reactions: GNP

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Could an enlarged spleen cause pressure on a nerve in the spine?

(Question for our Art History major.)
No, but you certainly could notice an asymptomatic enlarged spleen if you were, say, looking at an MRI of someone's spine (which would classify as an upper body injury that would preclude someone from skating)

Reactions: AlaskaJet

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Hopefully this is true...

Around 1:40 in the video below

Good stuff!

Lets hope for the best... Gabe V. is a great player and I really wish him well.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Poor guy can't stay healthy. With apologies to Fallout Boy, "If it ain't a spleen, it's a god damn knee brace".

• Haha
Reactions: GNP and SLAYER

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Came here to say I think that mono was going around the locker room. No good sources, just speculation.
We'd have had more than 1 player out with an enlarged spleen and mono itself would keep players out more that a game or two. Also it sounded like a stomach bug was going around the room. Norovirus has been running wild this winter out east. Could've brought it back from a road trip.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Mono isn't caused by airborne viruses. You can't "catch" it by being in the same room as someone. You have to swap bodily fluids, which is why it's called "the kissing disease".
I never said it was airborne. I figured it would have been from sharing drinks/bottles.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
We'd have had more than 1 player out with an enlarged spleen and mono itself would keep players out more that a game or two. Also it sounded like a stomach bug was going around the room. Norovirus has been running wild this winter out east. Could've brought it back from a road trip.
Yeah for sure, could have also been a stomach bug.

I grew up in a large family and we had a mono outbreak from what I would assume to be caused by sharing drinks (gross snotty kids). Most of us had hardly any symptoms (sick for a week like a regular flu), only found out because one sibling got it bad and was basically bed ridden for 6 months. Weird virus for sure!

Reactions: AlaskaJet and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad