Vilardi out with an enlarged spleen - update: dude recovered playing March 30

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
That's a weird one , hope all things go well as I really like how he plays . It's funny that they say it's unrelated to his upper body injury he was originally out for .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ya hopefully he gets better fast but i gotta figure with so much time he's going to miss he is probably done for the season, hopefully not though.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Hmm... I just figured that this WAS the "upper body injury" he's been battling, but it appears it's separate

"This condition is separate from the undisclosed upper body injury that’s sidelined him since the beginning of March"

Edit: I wonder of this was something asymptomatic that was found during imaging on his "upper body injury". If he was in an MRI tube for his back it may have been discovered on that exam

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Have to feel for the guy. Has injury issues with the Kings but battles back and has a good season with them. Comes here, looks pretty good early and then gets hurt. Comes back and plays really well and then gets hurt again (and we still don't know what it is), and now has an enlarged spleen.

Hopefully the spleen issue isn't serious. He deserves some good luck.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Hmm... I just figured that this WAS the "upper body injury" he's been battling, but it appears it's separate

"This condition is separate from the undisclosed upper body injury that’s sidelined him since the beginning of March"

Edit: I wonder of this was something asymptomatic that was found during imaging on his "upper body injury". If he was in an MRI tube for his back it may have been discovered on that exam
What worries me is that an enlarged spleen can be caused by infections or something worse like cancer.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
hey we wont disclose the actual injury that he has kept him out of the line-up for a while now, & he was originally getting tested on.... but here we will announce he has an enlarged spleen

like why? one hockey related, one not?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Terrible news. I love Vilardi's game. No idea how long he'll be out but I fear that his season is over.

On a related note, I don't understand why it's not called Spleenitis. We don't say Enlarged Tonsils or Enlarged Appendix. :huh:

Reactions: hn777

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Mono causes enlarged spleens.

Its also contagious and can last 6 months or longer.

The whole teams been sick recently..

1710551083292.gif

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Terrible news. I love Vilardi's game. No idea how long he'll be out but I fear that his season is over.

On a related note, I don't understand why it's not called Spleenitis. We don't say Enlarged Tonsils or Enlarged Appendix. :huh:
-itis refers to inflamed, -megaly is for enlarged

For example, hepatitis is a different condition than hepatomegaly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad